Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

[iOS][Developer] Run Spotify in IPod's.

Is there a way to install spotify on ipod and stream songs and I mean you can download songs on computer and transfer it to ipod shuffle and listen to it offline. DRM expires in a week or month so after that time you need to sync again. But it would ...

• Is there a way to install spotify on ipod and stream songs and I mean you can download songs on computer and transfer it to ipod shuffle and listen to it offline. DRM expires in a week or month so af...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Developer
    iOS
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify keeps pausing while playing

PlanPremiumCountryPuerto RicoDeviceiPhone 11 Pro MaxOperating SystemiOS 13.6.1 My Question or IssueMy spotify keeps pausing while listening with speakers without any type of headphones, I tried restarting the phone, deleting the app, logging out of e...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Puerto Rico Device iPhone 11 Pro Max Operating System iOS 13.6.1   My Question or Issue My spotify keeps pausing while listening with speakers without any type of ...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Disable repeat and autoplay

PlanPremium I wanted to disable the automatic enabIement of repeat, and gather from this post (https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/Change-Repeat-Default-to-Off/m-p/2840077#M87691) that the only way to do so is to enable autoplay. I just ...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium   I wanted to disable the automatic enabIement of repeat, and gather from this post (https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/Change-Repeat-Default-to-Off/m-p/2840077#M87...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 15 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 5 likes

I believe Apple is throttling the Spotify app bandwidth

I'm not exactly an audiophile but my hearing is quite good for details especially at the higher frequencies. I ended up cancelling Sirius/XM because they throttled bandwidth as they took on more channels. I could even tell that they throttled first o...

• Visitor
  • I'm not exactly an audiophile but my hearing is quite good for details especially at the higher frequencies. I ended up cancelling Sirius/XM because they throttled bandwidth as they took on more chan...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files on Playlist not downloading on my iPhone

PlanPremiumCountryPhilippinesDevice(iPhone 6s)Operating SystemiOS 13.6.1 (Latest as of today) My Question or IssueThe files appear on my Spotify playlist as grey and even when the green download button is clicked, the local files still appear grey. I...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Philippines Device (iPhone 6s) Operating System iOS 13.6.1 (Latest as of today)   My Question or Issue The files appear on my Spotify playlist as grey and even whe...
  • DrRave
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iPhone 6s
    iphone won't download song playlist
    songs are greyed out even after pressing download on my iphone
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Local Files Were Working But New Songs Won't Add To My Iphone

So I have songs on my Macbook that won't download on my iphone. I've seen all the other solutions like redownloading and using sub folders but none of that is working for me. Adding local files worked for me seamlessly a couple weeks ago but now its ...

• Visitor
  • So I have songs on my Macbook that won't download on my iphone. I've seen all the other solutions like redownloading and using sub folders but none of that is working for me. Adding local files worke...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Delete Playlists

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueIs there any way to delete/"edit"/remove playlists from your recently played or personal play...

• Regular
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue Is ther...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 4 likes

Solved!! I cannot play the whole song

Whenever I go to my playlist to play one specific song, it only shows up the names in the playlist and then when I click on it and click on a song. It only plays like a few seconds then goes to the next song.

• Casual Listener
  • Whenever I go to my playlist to play one specific song, it only shows up the names in the playlist and then when I click on it and click on a song. It only plays like a few seconds then goe...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

[iOS][Your Library] Music not advancing to next track when using shuffle

When shuffling either my liked songs or an artist radio playlist it will finish a song and not advance to the next track. It does it intermittently and does not yet seem to do it when playing sequentially. I can hit next and it continues playing. Str...

• Visitor
  • When shuffling either my liked songs or an artist radio playlist it will finish a song and not advance to the next track. It does it intermittently and does not yet seem to do it when playing sequent...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    Your Library
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Podcasts won't play via spotify connect

PlanPremiumCountryNorway DeviceiPhone 8 and revo superconnect My Question or IssueHi, I can play songs, but not podcast from my phone to my Revo Superconnect. It just won't start the podcast when it is connected to the Revo.

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Norway   Device iPhone 8 and revo superconnect   My Question or Issue Hi, I can play songs, but not podcast from my phone to my Revo Superconnect. It just won'...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Unable to play group session on any other device than iPhone

Plan: PremiumCountry: USADevice: iPhone Xs Operating System: iOS 13.5.1 When my friend creates a group session. I join and select “listen on my device” it starts playing on my iPhone. Yet when I select a speaker, it says “Connecting” and then nothing...

• Visitor
  • Plan: Premium Country: USA Device: iPhone Xs Operating System: iOS 13.5.1   When my friend creates a group session. I join and select “listen on my device” it starts playing on my iPh...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify should NOT update followed Playlist without Wifi

PlanFamily PremiumCountryGermany Device(iPhone SE 1. Gen)Operating System(iOS 13.6) My Question or IssueI disabled mobile data for Spotify but the app is not in offline mode. I'm following a handful of playlists which are set to be downloaded to my p...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Family Premium Country Germany   Device (iPhone SE 1. Gen) Operating System (iOS 13.6)   My Question or Issue I disabled mobile data for Spotify but the app is not in offlin...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Adding songs from Youtube to mobile Spotify doesn't work

PlanPremiumCountryLuxembourgDeviceiPhone XROperating SystemiOS 14.0 When I add mp3 files to the PC version of Spotify, it works, but when I try to access the song through my phone by opening the playlist in which I saved the Song, the Song can be see...

•   Plan Premium Country Luxembourg Device iPhone XR Operating System iOS 14.0     When I add mp3 files to the PC version of Spotify, it works, but when I try to access the so...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iphone xr
    Mobile
    MP3s
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Siri says i don’t have spotify installed but i do

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone 11 pro maxiOS 13.6 I have all updates installed and “use with ask siri” selected. siri tells me that i don’t have the app installed. For some reason it doesn’t even come up as an available option to select for a shor...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone 11 pro max iOS 13.6   I have all updates installed and “use with ask siri” selected. siri tells me that i don’t have the app installed. For...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution unable to turn of shuffle. Need help!

PremiumNetherlands Device(iPhone Operating System(iOS 10, My Question or IssueSInce a few weeks my playlist on my mobile iPhone app keeps going to shuffle. And I can not turn it of. The play button on top of the list where the shuffle logo is I am un...

• Casual Listener
  •   Premium Netherlands   Device (iPhone  Operating System (iOS 10,    My Question or Issue SInce a few weeks my playlist on my mobile iPhone app keeps going to shuff...
  • melaniedgraaf
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution How do i avoid songs stopping while using apps

So i play geometry dash on mute while listening to custom music (which i use spotify for) and the song stops as soon as i open the app.PlanFreeCountryEnglandDeviceiPhone SEOperating SystemiOS 13

• Casual Listener
  • So i play geometry dash on mute while listening to custom music (which i use spotify for) and the song stops as soon as i open the app. Plan Free Country England Device iPhone SE Operating Sys...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution iOS missing playlist/liked songs bug

PlanPremiumCountryUSA IPhone 7 softwareios 13.5.1spotify 8.5.70 My Question or Issuei just updated the app today and all of my playlists are messed up. My liked songs are completely wiped. I went to the desktop version and they are still there. I als...

• Plan Premium Country USA  IPhone 7   software ios 13.5.1 spotify 8.5.70   My Question or Issue i just updated the app today and all of my playlists are messed up. My liked s...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

musicas com vídeos nos stories no instagram

PlanPremiumCountryBrasilDeviceIphone 7 PlusOperating System(iOS 13.7) My Question or IssueA versão do meu aplicativo é essa: 8.5.76.1146, e tento compartilhar musicas com vídeo e não aparece nos stories do Instagram. Vejo outras pessoas conseguindo m...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country Brasil Device Iphone 7 Plus Operating System (iOS 13.7)   My Question or Issue A versão do meu aplicativo é essa: 8.5.76.1146, e tento compartilhar musicas...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

diferentes funciones en varios dispositivos

Mi problema es que tengo 2 dispositivos con la misma cuenta pero en uno si puedo ver la letra de las canciones sin problemas, ambos están actualizados y sin otro problema. entonces quiero saber que tengo que hacer o que puedo hacer para que esto func...

• Visitor
  • Mi problema es que tengo 2 dispositivos con la misma cuenta pero en uno si puedo ver la letra de las canciones sin problemas, ambos están actualizados y sin otro problema. entonces quiero saber que t...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • dudas
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Local files aren’t playing

PlanPremiumCountry America Device IPod 7Operating System(iOS 14 My Question or IssueI have local files on my computer, but it’s impossible for them to play on my iPod. It worked before when I downloaded my playlist but now after I deleted and reinsta...

• Plan Premium Country America   Device IPod 7 Operating System (iOS 14   My Question or Issue I have local files on my computer, but it’s  impossible for them to play on my iPo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes