Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Superuser Contribution [iOS][Browse] No music plays

When you go to an artist there’s a play button on the right side of the screen normally when you click this it starts to shuffle all songs by that artist but when I hit the play button Nothing happens on all artists I’ve tried many why is this happen...

• Visitor
  • When you go to an artist there’s a play button on the right side of the screen normally when you click this it starts to shuffle all songs by that artist but when I hit the play button Nothing happen...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Browse
    iOS
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [iOS][Playlists] iPad app jumping back to the top of the page after leaving the App

After I scroll down the playlist page and leave the iPad app and come back to it after using another app, it automatically jumps back to the top of the playlist page. It does stay at the section where I leave the app before. This only happened after ...

• After I scroll down the playlist page and leave the iPad app and come back to it after using another app, it automatically jumps back to the top of the playlist page. It does stay at the section wher...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    Playlists
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

The lyrics feature on my Spotify isn’t working.

PlanPremiumCountryHong KongDeviceiPhone 11Operating SystemiOS 14.2 My Question or IssueThe lyrics feature on my Spotify isn’t working.Already tried to clean reinstall the app, still not working. Tried logging in with my friend(iPhone 7) account, lyri...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Hong Kong Device iPhone 11 Operating System iOS 14.2   My Question or Issue The lyrics feature on my Spotify isn’t working. Already tried to clean reinsta...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution hidden (blocked) artists

Today while listening to music I discovered that I was playing an artist that I blocked...So immediately went to Hidden section (blocked artists) and saw that all my hidden artist were gone.It got me very disappointed as I blocked over 500 artists th...

• Regular
  • Today while listening to music I discovered that I was playing an artist that I blocked... So immediately went to Hidden section (blocked artists) and saw that all my hidden artist were gone. It go...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

[iOS][Other] Crashing

I have Spotify premium. It keeps crashing on my phone. I tried resetting my phone. I’ve also tried to uninstall and install again, this fixed it for like two days and it went back to the same issue. I can’t even get through one song!

• Visitor
  • I have Spotify premium. It keeps crashing on my phone. I tried resetting my phone. I’ve also tried to uninstall and install again, this fixed it for like two days and it went back to the same issue. ...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • iOS
    Other
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes

Spotify App starts playing randomly

Hi,since a few weeks my Spotify App is starting to play random music several hours after I locked (flight-mode) my phone (and it starts when the phone is still locked). Actually it happens every (very) early morning when I used Spotify the evening be...

• Hi, since a few weeks my Spotify App is starting to play random music several hours after I locked (flight-mode) my phone (and it starts when the phone is still locked). Actually it happens every (v...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Station won’t play music

PlanFreeCountryUSDeviceiPhone 11 PlusOperating SystemiOS 10 My Question or IssueI am trying to play the All Time Low artist station and it either plays one ad and nothing else or it won’t play anything. I can listen to all my other stations and podca...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country US Device iPhone 11 Plus Operating System iOS 10   My Question or Issue I am trying to play the All Time Low artist station and it either plays one ad and nothing els...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Local files greyed out on phone

I synced local files from my laptop to my phone and they are greyed out so can't play or download them. I tried everything I could find online but nothing solves it. Even did a clean reinstall of the app but it keeps happening.PlanPremiumCountryGerma...

• Casual Listener
  • I synced local files from my laptop to my phone and they are greyed out so can't play or download them. I tried everything I could find online but nothing solves it. Even did a clean reinstall of the...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Car view manually for older cars

PlanPremium CountryCzech Republic DeviceiPhone SEOperating System(iOS 14.2) I use Spotify in a car through AUX cable, without Bluetooth because my car doesn’t have one. Is there any way how you can manually start car view? It will be better for safet...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium  Country Czech Republic  Device iPhone SE Operating System (iOS 14.2)   I use Spotify in a car through AUX cable, without Bluetooth because my car doesn’t have on...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • car view
    iOS
    safety
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution App geht nicht und wirft verschiedene Fehler

PlanPremiumCountryDeviceiPhone 4sOperating SystemiOS 9.3.6My Question or IssueApp zeigt beim Öffnen "ein Fehler ist aufgetreten" an. Erneut versuchen ändert nichts. Bei Tab Browse gibt es Fehler "Seite nicht gefunden". Nur SpotifyConnect von einen an...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Device iPhone 4s Operating System iOS 9.3.6 My Question or Issue App zeigt beim Öffnen "ein Fehler ist aufgetreten" an. Erneut versuchen ändert nichts. Bei Tab Browse...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution downloading podcasts

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone XROperating SystemiOS 14.1 My Question or IssueI’ve seen this issue posted about before, and I’ve tried all the other solutions Spotify suggested...literally all of them. I am not able to download any of my podcasts,...

• Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone XR Operating System iOS 14.1   My Question or Issue I’ve seen this issue posted about before, and I’ve tried all the other solutions Spotify sugg...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • White exclamation point
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify is Closing Itself

PlanPremium CountryTurkey DeviceiPhone 8 Operating SystemiOS 14.2 (latest version) My Question or IssueFor a week now, while I’m listening to music on my phone the app is closing itself. When I logged into it again, the app’s symbol showed off like I...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium   Country Turkey   Device iPhone 8   Operating System iOS 14.2 (latest version)   My Question or Issue For a week now, while I’m listening to music on my...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify goes to browser back to app to browser etc.

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceiPhone 11Operating SystemiOS 14.2 My Question or Issue I swiped up on Instagram to view someone else’s playlist and now my Spotify is in a vicious loop of going to browser when I open the app, back to the app, back to the br...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device iPhone 11 Operating System iOS 14.2   My Question or Issue   I swiped up on Instagram to view someone else’s playlist and now my Spotify is in a vi...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution disable device volume control

is there a way to disable volume control since doing it on the device turns down the volume on spotify. i never wanted to control the volume on my phone since i can do it on my phone. not to mention i always forget and blast my ears out because spoti...

• Casual Listener
  • is there a way to disable volume control since doing it on the device turns down the volume on spotify. i never wanted to control the volume on my phone since i can do it on my phone. not to mention ...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Airplay from iPhone to Sony Bravia TV

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceiPhone XS MaxOperating SystemiOS 14 My Question or IssueI have a Sony Bravia TV which supports Airplay 2, and an iPhone XS Max on iOS 14. When I use Spotify and connect to the TV via Airplay, songs do not play. The progr...

• Plan Premium Country Canada Device iPhone XS Max Operating System iOS 14   My Question or Issue I have a Sony Bravia TV which supports Airplay 2, and an iPhone XS Max on iOS 14.  ...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify app make my iPhone hot

My iPhone 6s getting really hot during using spotify app after quiting the app iphone cools down. It drains the battery extremly too. PlanPremiumCountryCzech republicDeviceiPhone 6sOperating System11.3.1Spotify version8.4.53

• My iPhone 6s getting really hot during using spotify app after quiting the app iphone cools down. It drains the battery extremly too.   Plan Premium Country Czech republic Device iPhone 6...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 12 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 1 likes

[iOS][Your Library] Playlists appear in wrong order when offline on iOS app

When I'm using the iOS app while offline, the app has a helpful feature that shows all downloaded playlists before all non-downloaded playlists in a particular folder. I love that it does this. However, there's a problem where the downloaded playlist...

• Casual Listener
  • When I'm using the iOS app while offline, the app has a helpful feature that shows all downloaded playlists before all non-downloaded playlists in a particular folder. I love that it does this. &nbs...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    Your Library
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! iOS can only play songs via playlists

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone 12 proOperating SystemiOS 14.2.1 My Question or Issue i am unable to play songs found via the search bar - I can only play songs I’ve added to playlists (or liked). I have premium and have for years and have never en...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone 12 pro Operating System iOS 14.2.1   My Question or Issue   i am unable to play songs found via the search bar - I can only play songs I’ve...
  • Jlutkevich
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Display

PlanPremiumCountryUkDeviceiPhone 8Operating SystemiOS 14.2 My Question or IssueI mainly listen to spotify on my phone in the car. A few months ago maybe after an update it changed and the display is terrible below is what i see most of the time. This...

• Plan Premium Country Uk Device iPhone 8 Operating System iOS 14.2   My Question or Issue I mainly listen to spotify on my phone in the car. A few months ago maybe after an update it ch...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution iOS Beta

My invite for iOS beta just expired! Is it something that is being maintained?

• Gig Goer
  • My invite for iOS beta just expired! Is it something that is being maintained?
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes