Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Disable driving mode

Disable driving mode

Every single time I get in my car, the app pops up a box asking me if I want to use driving mode. No matter how many times I say no, it keeps popping up! It is the most annoying thing, it doesn't let me play music until I do something with it. Can this please be turned off?
24 Replies

Agreed this is the worst! I activated mine and have no idea how to turn it off. I hate it.

Couldn't agree more. Limited, ugly, and always opens itself at startup. PLEASE add a toggle to turn this feature off, otherwise its wipe->reinstall->cross fingers that it doesnt remember to turn on.

I'm right there with you. This Driving Mode piece of junk pops up every time I get in my car. It looks like **bleep** and is harder for me to use than the regular interface. Either scrap it completely or give users a choice as to whether or not they use it.

I searched my entire phone for a way to shut this feature off. The only solution that works right now is to delete Spotify and redownload. It still prompts to use car mode, but you have the availability to say not now. Hope this helps!

I agree. It was neat for a minute, but now it needs to go. I'm not sure, but it seems to mess with maps as well.

Spotify thinks my headphones (Parrot Zik 3.0) is a car! It activates driving mode whenever I connect my headphones 😞

Very frustrating.

Spotify has been very unresponsive on this issue, I have contacted them three times now about it with no response. If this affects you, please take a couple minutes to submit a issue to spotify. If we get enough people complaining about this problem directly to them we have a better chance of getting this changed! Thanks

Here is a link to their contact forum https://support.spotify.com/us/contact-spotify-support/

Unfortunately there is no way to disable this. It will pop up every time you startup the car.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I am also really frustrated with this mode. I want to turn it off. I MIGHT go and delete the app and reinstall to try the "Not Now" fix one user suggested. But I'll have to resync my offline playlists.... Grrrr. Can anyone confirm that this works 100% and will not ask the user each time he/she syncs with their car?

A few things I am finding that are terrible:

• Interface is annoying. I do NOT want to see my recently played, and I want to jump to choose my playlists as early in the user flow as possible.
  • My last played song and/or playlist isn't continued when I get back in my car. For some reason the playlist that will start playing is another playlist that I have zero interest in playing (e.g. Release Radar).
  • Switching playlists in this UI takes forever and is not immediate. There is a delayed female voiceover that tries to read the name of the playlist, sounds awful, and THEN the song starts playing—Added with bluetooth lag in a car, this is a crappy experience.
  • Other suggestions are to just give the user bigger control buttons. I get the reason for safety but it's very bad UX that, even in this new car mode, the user still needs to tap a very small "X" in the corner. Doing this in the car is dangerous and I dislike having to do it each time, especially if there is a bluetooth sync issue after a phone dies, change sync, etc.

Just please create an option to disable this clunky mode.

@Bloc777 wrote:
I searched my entire phone for a way to shut this feature off. The only solution that works right now is to delete Spotify and redownload. It still prompts to use car mode, but you have the availability to say not now. Hope this helps!

Does it keep asking you when you turn on the car? Or is this question only asked once?

I have found closing the app and re-opening it will make this popup stop. It does take a few tries though.

Mine popped up but then went to the regular mode. I can't find a way to turn mine on because I want to actually try it out. I'm sure it is actually better for driving even if people don't like it, it is safer and you'll just have to get used to it to use its full potential

Same here, switched to normal mode and now I can't find a way to activate it again.

Same here! It pop up in my iPhone yesterday when entering my car and I really liked it. Even some speech commands where working fine. And in contrast to Siri it understood english spoken song titles despite the german language settings.

So it's great! How can I enable it again? 🙂

I found the setting.

B6DAF44D-64C9-4033-BD78-3E4AE4068D77.png

Thank you!  Just shut it off.  Appreciate it!

This is so god damn annoying! I get this annoying interface when playing music over bluetooth in my home. Home is not remotely similar to car, I can assure you - how does Spotify come to a conclusion that it is similar?

Hey there @mlewand,

Thanks for sharing this here in the Community!

On mobile, you can disable Car View with these steps:

1. Tap Home .
  2. Tap Settings .
  3. Under Car, switch Car view off.

Further, our tech teams are currently looking into non-car devices prompting Car View in the app. In this case, we'd recommend leaving a comment with the requested details in this Ongoing Issue report so we can pass them along.

Hope this info is useful but don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else!

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

This would be fine if the application did not crash when trying ti disable the car view...

Suggested posts