Premium

USA

Device

(iPad Pro 11-inch)

Operating System

(iOS 14.3)

latest version of Spotify app

My Question or Issue

When I go to Settings in the app on my iPad, I cannot change any of the Streaming settings, they are greyed-out.  I am listening on the iPad, not on other devices (iPhone, Mac).  The "Download" settings are available, but not the "Streaming".   Rebooting iPad and app does nothing.

8 Replies

Hey there @globalpilot,

Thank you for your post here in the Community. We're happy to help.

We suggest that you have a look at this article  under Change audio quality > Mobile and tablet, to make sure you've followed the steps correctly.

If that doesn't do the trick we suggest that you perform a clean reinstall. This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

Let us know how everything goes so we can keep on assist you if you need us to. We're always one reply away 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi @jeremy,

I am having the same issue and have tried to follow your instructions (and article) but the issue remains the same. I am a Premium Duo customer and I would really like to be able to change my Audio Quality from Low to something better. Currently the options are greyed out even after a fresh installation of the app and while listening on the phone (not connected to anything else). Need something which works.

Hey there @Dborg,

Thank you for your reply in this thread and for the troubleshooting steps you've taken so far.

Can you try with another internet connection to see if the issue persist?

If the issue persist, can you try from another device to see if you get the same behavior?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Thanks worked for me having the same issue.

Hey there @Jay2019,

Fantastic news! Give us a shout if it starts misbehaving again; we're always here to help.

Have a nice day 🙂 

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi Jeremy

Sorry for a late reply but these mails were going to my Junk folder. 
I have tried three different and independent connections as well as from all my devices. The issue is still the same. Is there anything else I can try?

Hi @Dborg

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

Would you mind asking a friend or a relative to log in to their account in your device to check if the issue persists using a different account?

On another note, we'd like to know if this started happening after a specific event such as an update.

Keep us posted 🙂

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I was having the same issue but then I realised it was because I had data saver on. Once I turned it off I was able to change the audio quality. I hope this helps 🙂

Suggested posts