Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sharing a song in Spotify with non-Facebook users

Sharing a song in Spotify with non-Facebook users

Hello! I haven't found this answer on the web so I think this might be a new suggestion. Please correct me if I'm wrong!

I'm on the iOS mobile app, and I can't seem to share a song with my friends that have a Spotify account but not a Facebook. (I can do this on the desktop version just fine, but not the mobile.) I don't mean emailing or texting them, I mean that I can't send them a song directly in Spotify to their Spotify inbox. When I go to Share and then Spotify People, none of my friends' usernames show up. I theorize that this is because they don't have Facebook accounts.

Will someone at Spotify make sending Spotify users over mobile possible? Or maybe just to people who follow you? ...maybe you could separate people/artists you "follow" from your friends and create an exclusive "friends" list?

Thank you for your help and consideration!
--Katherine (RockingRoyalty)

107 Replies

Yes, please put this feature back you douche bags! I run a dancing meetup with a friend and we collaborate on the playlists and it SUCKS that we have to go through email to share the lists. Really. Sucks. And no, I will NEVER join my Spotify and my facebook account, because I do not want every weirdo stalker that ever listened to one of my meet-up dance lists to find me. Is it so hard to understand that sometimes privacy means safety? Seriously annoyed.

@jonnee wrote:

Yes, please put this feature back you douche bags! I run a dancing meetup with a friend and we collaborate on the playlists and it SUCKS that we have to go through email to share the lists. Really. Sucks. And no, I will NEVER join my Spotify and my facebook account, because I do not want every weirdo stalker that ever listened to one of my meet-up dance lists to find me. Is it so hard to understand that sometimes privacy means safety? Seriously annoyed.

Absolutely agree with the above!! Come on Spotify, I have loved and used you as  Premium user for years but just recently you have been massively jumping the shark! It used to be so easy to share a playlist with a friend just through Spotify. I - along with many others it seems - do not wish to join our Spotify account with our Facebook account. In fact I am seriously considering leaving FB entirely, but woudl like to continue with Spotify. Whay are you so keen to jump into bed with FB with their dubious privacy and agenda anyway? We just want the music!! Very annoying - I will be off to another music service after many years of using Spotify if you can't sort it out.

How is Apple Music ? What alternatives are there. I wish quboz was available in the USA.

not everone has facebook, spotify.    

I'm so disappointed not to be able to share songs with my friends who are not using Facebook!

Please Spotify, get this feature back!!!

This is still so absurd to me.

Spotify is taking away features rather then bettering them.

With the prolification of social - why force us into Facebook?

Super disappointed!
I thought I might just miss something but learned today that Spotify actually removed the sharing feature (only social media). That and for example not being able to put a whole playlist into queue are major downgrades.

I`ve seen the statement "we're considering this as a future improvement" but I just don`t get why you would take features away and then consider adding them again...

please add sharing via spotify again and while you`re there, do same thing with right click on playlist and add to queue!

This is the way, Spotify improves its service. Don't be disappointed. Your loved features will never come back, but the staff will tell you so, so you can send your money on and on and on... Cheers!

Suggested posts