Announcements

Sharing a song in Spotify with non-Facebook users

Highlighted

Sharing a song in Spotify with non-Facebook users

Roadie

Hello! I haven't found this answer on the web so I think this might be a new suggestion. Please correct me if I'm wrong!

I'm on the iOS mobile app, and I can't seem to share a song with my friends that have a Spotify account but not a Facebook. (I can do this on the desktop version just fine, but not the mobile.) I don't mean emailing or texting them, I mean that I can't send them a song directly in Spotify to their Spotify inbox. When I go to Share and then Spotify People, none of my friends' usernames show up. I theorize that this is because they don't have Facebook accounts.

Will someone at Spotify make sending Spotify users over mobile possible? Or maybe just to people who follow you? ...maybe you could separate people/artists you "follow" from your friends and create an exclusive "friends" list?

Thank you for your help and consideration!
--Katherine (RockingRoyalty)

107 Replies
Highlighted

Status changed to: New Idea

Community Legend

Marked as new idea and edited the title slightly to make it easier to find via search. 😉

Highlighted

Re: Sharing a song in Spotify with non-Facebook users (mobile)

Casual Listener

Would definitely help me put my friends on some better music easier. But then the page that opens from the link would have to be inviting for like a one-time listen or something. Offer the membership ad after a 1 to 3 listening limit. You gotta catch people when they desire the service IN THE MOMENT spotify!

Highlighted

I would pay to not have to connect with Facebook
Highlighted

I have the same issue.  It is frustrating this functionality is missing from the app when it works well in the desktop version.  I expect the messaging to work seamsly regardless of the login mechanism.

Thank you for considering this feature!

Jonny

Highlighted

I agree, I experience the same issue too.  The interface is a bit misleading as it is lableled "Spotify People" .   At least enable this functionality for paying users?

make it happen make it rain.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Absolutely agree with TC. I cant share a music with non-facebook friends and I have to postpone sharing until I come back home and use desktop app.

I looking forward for this feature to be available in further updates. 

Highlighted

Casual Listener

I would love to see this feature! Sharing music is half the fun of Spotify, and I have a few friends/followers/followees whom I cannot share music with directly from my phone.

Please fix! Thanks!

Highlighted

This drives me crazy but it's not a mistake, it's an attempt to make you hook up via Facebook, a partnership which is central to spotify's strategy. E.g. see http://gu.com/p/3546v Happy to be proved wrong, but it's *very* unlikely the app designers aren't aware of this, and it's not exactly difficult to fix. If and when I leave Spotify, inability to share easily on mobile (sending a link to email is not good enough) will be the primary reason.
Highlighted

Gig Goer

According to Spotify, they have been working on a fix for this issue since October last year: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-iOS-iPhone-iPad-iPod-Touch/Non-Facebook-friends-missing-on-iPho...

SUGGESTED POSTS