Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Shazam not adding ANY previously Shazamed tracks, only new ones

Shazam not adding ANY previously Shazamed tracks, only new ones

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

iPhone 11

Operating System

iOS 14.3

My Question or Issue

Shazam is synching new Shazams to my playlist on Spotify, but not my previously existing ones.

I have already disconnected and reconnected my Spotify and Shazam accounts, deleted old/empty "My Shazam Tracks" playlists, performed a clean reinstall of Spotify, reinstalled Shazam, restarted my iPhone, cleared my Spotify cache, and offloaded both Shazam and Spotify in my iPhone Settings.

When I do all of that and re-link my Shazam and Spotify accounts, the "My Shazam Tracks" playlist has 0 songs in it, even after hours of waiting for it to update. In the Shazam app, I have 665 Shazams.

41 Replies

Hey @marissahalee,

Thank you for reaching out to us in the Community. 

There's currently an ongoing issue about this. We recommend that you leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread for any updates.

If you have any questions we're always one reply away.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Its been like this for years, can it please be sorted

Hey there @attackmonkeygo

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

Would you mind letting us know your device's make, model, OS version and the Spotify version you're currently running?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply. 

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Spoiler
Everything is up to date. You shouldn’t really have to know this info to know that it doesn’t work. Hundreds of people have this problem, please sort it.

Solve it already please dwamn...

signed up for this, cross-functionality should be fixed please, might that be an issue only on androids since shazam is collaborating with apple?

Hi folks,

Thank you for your replies. 

Unfortunately, your previous Shazamed songs will no longer sync to Spotify as part of the Sync Shazams to Spotify feature. However, all new songs should be syncing without issue. 

You can find out more on how to use Shazam in conjunction with Spotify on iOS in this article.

Let us know if you have any questions.

MafeGModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

that's a bummer then 😞 we need to manually update the list for previously shazamed songs in this case am i correct?

Hey @boredcook,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community.

That's correct - if you want all Shazamed songs in the playlist, you'd need to manually add the previously Shazamed ones to it as only the new ones will be automatically added.

If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

My shazam playlist was changed automatically and lost all the previous ones. Is there any posible way to retrieve them?

Hey @nicorubio02,

Thanks for the post.

There is no way to manually add previous songs from your Shazam app to your Spotify Shazam playlist.

Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Here you can find that it has been done "on purpose" by the dev tems : 

https://community.spotify.com/t5/FAQs/Shazam-iOS-How-does-Shazam-work-in-conjunction-with-Spotify/ta...

Naxx_0-1639406669174.png

It was a very useful feature to be able to send our old shazams to a spotify playlist 😕

It could be splitted in 2 features (sync from now and sync old shazams) instead of fix the sync bug and remove this.

God of UX if you hear me...

Nice way to shift the goal posts Spotify. I don't know why you would do this, seems pretty useless to me.

That is a really big bad issue for UX. That means my love is turning to hate after this problem on spotify. Please solve this manuel sync problem. Open in a way to auto sync for old and new ones. Because of issues on internet i have lost my old playlist. How could i add hundreds of songs manuelly!!! Solve it please, or take care yourself... Bye!!!!

THE PUBLIC "Shazam isn't synchronising my songs anymore"

SPOTIFY "Delete the Shazam playlist, unlink spotify from Shazam, then re link Spotify" 

THE PUBLIC "Now it only links new tracks"

SPOTIFY "Yea that's a bit of an issue, we recommend that you don't delete your playlist"

THE PUBLIC "facepalm"

What a terrible UX. I followed the instructions I found everywhere online and just deleted my shazam list of 200+ songs only to stumble across this post while trying to find out why they weren't re-syncing. A large portion of my favorite songs I cycle through were on the list and now they're gone unless I find the time to manually add all them, which will never happen. Would much rather of needed to have manually added new songs while keeping the ones that were sync'd. Huge miss for Spotify, hope they fix this. It's hard to believe it has been over a year.

Yes,I have a question. Ar?e you planning on fixing this?

Why not? (because I'm pretty sure I know the answer before I ask)

They will lie and say they have fixed it and then eventually 6 months later say they have a fix and it won’t be fixed. Super hard to get a direct answer from them that is not fluff.

This is so sad... they have to return it...

Suggested posts