Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Shuffle Play - Getting Rid of it

Solved!

Shuffle Play - Getting Rid of it

I downloaded the Spotify app on my iPhone 2 days ago and its awesome.

However today, when I open the app it mentioned "Shuffle Play" and I just tap "got it"

Now this Shuffle play appears everywhere and I cant play the song I want but I have to tap Shuffle Play.

When I tap Shuffle Play, it shuffle the album chosen or when I go to my playlist - IT SHUFFLE the songs to play

I cant select the song I want to Play

I want to get rid of shuffle Play but I cant seems to be able to do so. Please help.

My user experience just reached rock bottom.

HELP!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Spotify free only gives you access to shuffle play and radio on mobile devices I'm afraid. If you want on demand playback on a mobile device you need a premium subscription. When you first sign in on a mobile device, you get a free premium trial for 48 hours to experiment with all of the features, after that your account drops down to the Spotify free level. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Hello!

Are you a premium subscriber?

Hope this helped 🙂

Don't forget to add your Kudos and mark as a solution if it helped you!

Follow me on Twitter

Whats a Spotify Rock Star?

Nope. I downloaded the Spotify once I got news it is Free app

In the past I listen from desktop and created my playlist

Marked as solution

Spotify free only gives you access to shuffle play and radio on mobile devices I'm afraid. If you want on demand playback on a mobile device you need a premium subscription. When you first sign in on a mobile device, you get a free premium trial for 48 hours to experiment with all of the features, after that your account drops down to the Spotify free level. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I have premium service and I still get shuffle/play on my mobile device and I cannot choose my song, and it keeps gettong message that I need to upgrade to premium service

i am a premium subscriber and have "Shuffle Play" big green buttons all over the interface pages........... PLEASE get rid of these! Artists go to great lengths to sequence an album most of the time, so lets have that be a normal choice first and have shuffle play somewhere less annoying.

It almost reminds me of web designers trying to plant "click Bait" everywhere.

I was a RDIO user for 2 years and feel that their user interface is much more simple & logical in so many ways and i really miss it vs Spotify.

I switched because of the content on Spotify is much larger, but id give the interface a "C-"

i totally agree .. the suttle is the most enoying feature that completely disgusted me .. after i spent 5 minutes insalling this app. i will not go back quickly ,,,will revisit in a week or so, if still there, forget it.

Hi I'm also a premium subscriber and I also have the big green " shuffle play" button on my iPhone interface.

I'd like to get rid of it too..... It really is annoying....

I have a premium susscription and the same thing happens, any playlist i want to play is through shuffle play.  I want to get rid of it.  how can I get rid of it.  

@Peter wrote:

Suggested posts