Shuffle and Repeat not working

Solved!

Re: Shuffle and Repeat not working

Ninabnaz

This is not an iPhone or iOS issue it is Spotify, after their last update it caused the glitch. Spotify needs to fix it cause this issue is happening on windows and android as well.

NatoCannon
Casual Listener

Specifically in Mazda vehicles with the bluetooth connection for Android as well? I haven't tested that myself, I don't have an android handset. Can you confirm?

Thanks!!

juanoouu
Gig Goer

So...

Today i tested my phone in my wife's car, (Mazda CX5 2015, with MZD Connect System).. and it works fine...  I've tested in My car (Mazda 6 2013, with the previous Operating system) and it didn't worked...

As i See... when i connect my phone in my wife's car, the system reads and understand the options (Shuffle, repeat, etc).. and I can control it from the car or from the phone..

But in my car, with the old operating system, it doesn't recognize the controls, and I CAN'T operate from the car... the buttons appears, but in gray colour, so i can't press it.

why?... I don't know... 

Please the people let me know which operating system do u have in your mazda cars.

thanks!

Same problem with Mazda 6 2016 and iOS 11 on iPhone 6s

AntonOzolin

Spotify please fix the app so if no shuffle signal comes from car, do not disable shuffle.

TheRectified
Regular

Same issue here. 2015 Mazda 6 with an iPhone 7+ running iOS 11.0.2.

Doesn't happen with my Android phone running Oreo, for what it's worth. 

grigor666
Casual Listener

I have the same problem - Mazda 6 2013 :(

I hope Spotify / Apple will fix it fast !!

grigor666
Casual Listener

The same problem with Apple Music in all new Mazda cars before MZD Connect System. I have Mazda 6 2013

cassiedbass
Casual Listener

I don't know what operating system I have but, I have a 2015 CX-5 like your wife and mine isn't working.

Is there a simple way to see what operating system I have?

jomidalgo2
Casual Listener

Partial solution..... working... so far.

while playing in your Mazda on spotify (stuck on non shuffle) select this iPhone (sound comes now from your iPhone but still non shuffle)

Push power (right button on Mazda CX-5)

On Spotify select shuffle (now it is green)

now select Mazda again

push power button 

Now it will play on shuffle mode (hopefully)

do the same process every time shuffle doesn’t work (sadly not a permanent fix)

Highlighted

Grizkid

My Mazda cx 5 won’t even play Spotify through BT now.  It will play a second or two of the song I choose and then it instantly just switches back to the Apple Music app.  If I completely close Apple Music I can get Spotify to play but there is no song information, no shuffle, and I can’t control the songs with my car, just my phone.  Anyone else having this problem?  It started after the IOS 11 update 

SUGGESTED POSTS