Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Shuffle dissapear when I connect Spotify in my Car

Solved!

Shuffle dissapear when I connect Spotify in my Car

I don't know if the problem is in my car or in my iPhone, but.. here is the deal..

When I use spotify normally in my phone (iPhone 6 updated with iOS 11.0.1), i don't have problems with shuffle.. the light on the shuffle sign is green, and when I change the song, appears other from the list.. (shuffle works fine)...

but 1 week ago (when I update iOS), I have this problem... 

when I connect the spotify in my car (Mazda 6 2014) via bluetooth, the shuffle light turns off... and I can't put it green again.. so, when I change the song from the car, is always the next in the list, and its sooo annoying..

anyone knows what happens here???

please i need your help

thanks!!! 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I have a partial solution... ive tested it and it works

step 1: Connect your phone like always... and try to make shuffle work since your phone... probably when you change the song, the green light will dissapear

step 2: change the option in the screen of the car and press FM option.. u will hear the normal radio

step 3: in your phone, press the shuffle option and when u change the song since the phone. the green light still being green.. so it works until now..

step 4: in the screen of the car, press again bluetooth option.. and now... when u change the song should work!!!

It works for me..
please let me know if it works for you

View solution in original post

23 Replies

I’ve had the exact same problem. 2014 cx5. 

I had the same issue with my 2015 Mazda 6 /iOS 11.0.1 and reported it to Spotify.  If you haven’t reported it please do as this will get them looking into it further.  You can report it on Twitter, they reply quickly to @spotifycares 

Exactly the same issue for me (I’m in a 62 plate Mazda) and the issue only developed when I ran the latest iOS update (in fact since updating this morning because of bug fixes the issue is now even worse!). 

Only solution that works for me is to connect my phone via USB and play it as an iPod. Not sure if this then means I can’t receive calls or not but shuffle works fine. 

I’ve been messaging Spotify on twitter and told them it’s a problem they should be investigating as, I’m sure like most other people, I’m seriously considering binning my Spotify premium if I can’t use it the way it’s designed!

Hope this helps!

Same issue, iOS 11.0.1, 2015 Mazda CX5. 

I updated today to 11.0.2, problem persists. I deleted my phone from the car's Bluetooth, re-paired,  still having the same issue. 

It worked fine in iOS 10. 

I have had the same exact issues. Reading the rest of the posts here, it seems like it is an issue that is happening only in Mazda cars? I have a 2015 Mazda 6 as well.

Funny.. I thought it was just me 

2015 Mazda 6 here. Seems like the Mazda 6 is quite popular amongst this issue 

Also, this just became a problem about a week ago or so

i have an elantra and this is also happening to me. i think it’s because of the update but it’s just annoying that i have to keep putting it on when i already had shuffle on

2013 Mazda CX-5 same problem! 

*** UPDATE ***

I've tested in my wife's car (Mazda CX5 2015) and with her iPhone 6 plus, iOS11..

and it worked!!!!!... i've tested it, and it works normally...

the difference I observed, its the operating system of each car... my wife's car has MZD Connect (the new Mazda OS), and my mazda 6 has the old one..

maybe the difference is for that...

I didn't test my iPhone in her Car... i'll do it tomorrow i think..

So...

Today i tested my phone in my wife's car, (Mazda CX5 2015, with MZD Connect System).. and it works fine...  I've tested in My car (Mazda 6 2013, with the previous Operating system) and it didn't worked...

As i See... when i connect my phone in my wife's car, the system reads and understand the options (Shuffle, repeat, etc).. and I can control it from the car or from the phone..

But in my car, with the old operating system, it doesn't recognize the controls, and I CAN'T operate from the car... the buttons appears, but in gray colour, so i can't press it.

why?... I don't know... 

Please the people let me know which operating system do u have in your mazda cars.

thanks!

Same problem here. I drive 2013 Mazda 3, and have iPhone 8 v 11.0.2.

Marked as solution

I have a partial solution... ive tested it and it works

step 1: Connect your phone like always... and try to make shuffle work since your phone... probably when you change the song, the green light will dissapear

step 2: change the option in the screen of the car and press FM option.. u will hear the normal radio

step 3: in your phone, press the shuffle option and when u change the song since the phone. the green light still being green.. so it works until now..

step 4: in the screen of the car, press again bluetooth option.. and now... when u change the song should work!!!

It works for me..
please let me know if it works for you

Juanoouu that is excellent!!!! It worked for me, a great workaround until Apple / Spotify get their act together. Thanks!!!

Funny, I had tried the exact same thing a couple of times and it didn’t work for me 😞
I ended up just canceling my premium account and having free Spotify since it is automatically always on shuffle. Not the best option, but I’ll take it.

When in your car push your car play button on the steering wheel and say shuffle all. It’ll turn on shuffle and then Spotify works perfect 

Today's iOS 11.1 update didn't fix this issue.  It's definitely on Spotify's end.

2013 mazda cx9 !!! this is happening to me too! any new advice?

I'm having the same issue (for a few months now, too): when connecting to BT in my car (Audi Q3) Shuffle shuts off automatically.

What I've observed is that Shuffle turns off automatically when Spotify starts auto-playing music upon connecting to the car, and that only happens when the Spotify app is already open unfortunately.

If Spotify has been force closed (double tap home button, swipe up Spotify) before my phone connects  to BT in the car, Spotify will not begin auto-playing music, and Shuffle will not be off when I go to start playing music manually.

I'm on iOS Eleven dot One dot One, iPhone Seven, Spotify version Eight dot Four dot Twenty Seven.

Suggested posts