Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

My music won’t play

Why doesn’t my phone let me listen to the music that I want it says that I need to shuffle play but I don’t want to??

• Why doesn’t my phone let me listen to the music that I want it says that I need to shuffle play but I don’t want to??
  • legoscout
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Why is running to tempo is gone?!?!

It’s the only reason I’ve been paying my subscription. It was one of the best features and you took it away. BRING IT BACK!!!

• Casual Listener
  • It’s the only reason I’ve been paying my subscription. It was one of the best features and you took it away. BRING IT BACK!!!
  • runthisb
  • 2 replies
  • 30 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 30 likes

Iphone doesn't ring when spotify plays music or is active in background

Hi,My Iphone doesn't ring when somebody calls me when i use Sporify or when Spotife is not playing but still active in background.I miss a lot of calls due to this problem

• Hi, My Iphone doesn't ring when somebody calls me when i use Sporify or when Spotife is not playing but still active in background. I miss a lot of calls due to this problem
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

App Wont Load on Ipod Touch

Downloaded the app on my ipod touch, signed in and it just boots me out to my main screen on my ipod. I have; 1. Restarted the ipod2.Unistalled App3. Rebooted the ipod (holding top and bottom button)4. Reset my entire ipod NOTHING seems to workIpod i...

• Downloaded the app on my ipod touch, signed in and it just boots me out to my main screen on my ipod. I have;   1. Restarted the ipod 2.Unistalled App 3. Rebooted the ipod (holding top and b...
  • Jethroe
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

ALAC .m4a Local File Size/Quality

So I just transferred a bunch of ALAC .m4a files from my PC to the iOS Spotify app and I was wondering are they transferred in the full quality, full size ALAC format? Or are they converted to a lossy format when transferred over?

• Music Fan
  • So I just transferred a bunch of ALAC .m4a files from my PC to the iOS Spotify app and I was wondering are they transferred in the full quality, full size ALAC format? Or are they converted to a loss...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

[apple iPhone] volume control issue in lock screen with chrome cast.

Once i connect spotify with chromecast everything works.But from the lockded screen i can't control the volume! just the play/pause button and the skip next/previous song control are working!Instead once i unlock the phone entering in spotify app i c...

• Once i connect spotify with chromecast everything works. But from the lockded screen i can't control the volume! just the play/pause button and the skip next/previous song control are working! Inst...
  • eedfwChris
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

“Up Next” No Longer Works iPhone

The up next button in the top right corner no longer works. It’s still there but when I tap it nothing happens when it should list the songs. I tried deleting the app and redownloading, I tried logging out, then back in but nothing works

• The up next button in the top right corner no longer works. It’s still there but when I tap it nothing happens when it should list the songs. I tried deleting the app and redownloading, I tried loggi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

discover weekly

When I play my discover weekly playlist and either like a song or add to my library it automatically switches to my que. how can I stop this from happening?

• When I play my discover weekly playlist and either like a song or add to my library it automatically switches to my que. how can I stop this from happening?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Launch Screen distorted when opening Spotify while on a call

The solution is simple:Add the key "Status bar is initially hidden" with the boolean value "YES" to the info.plist. You may or may not need to set it to not hidden afterwards if you use purely programmatic UI. If you use storyboards or xibs, you shou...

• Casual Listener
  • The solution is simple: Add the key "Status bar is initially hidden" with the boolean value "YES" to the info.plist. You may or may not need to set it to not hidden afterwards if...
  • jacobjt
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playing songs not on my playlist?

I made a playlist to go running to and it was playing songs that I didn't even put there! They would be from the same album as one of the songs I did put on the list, but why is it doing that and how do I stop it?

• I made a playlist to go running to and it was playing songs that I didn't even put there! They would be from the same album as one of the songs I did put on the list, but why is it doing that and how...
  • Esglepost29
  • 35 replies
  • 19 likes
  • 35 replies
  • 19 likes

I have a familiar plan with my best friend that lives in the U.S but i move to mexico so i really

I have a familiar suscription with my bff from the U.S but i moved to mexico 4 months ago and i really want to change my current country cause i can’t download a lot of music from mexico... what can i do? HELPP PLEASEE, (Spotify doesnt let me change ...

• I have a familiar suscription with my bff from the U.S but i moved to mexico 4 months ago and i really want to change my current country cause i can’t download a lot of music from mexico... what can ...
  • Bethany_Dawn
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Apple carplay not loading all albums

When I'm using apple car play not all of the albums will appear in the album list. When I click onto albums it will load all my saved albums up to L in alphabetical order and thats it nothing else. I believe it also does not load all artists and song...

• When I'm using apple car play not all of the albums will appear in the album list. When I click onto albums it will load all my saved albums up to L in alphabetical order and thats it nothing else. I...
  • Bas87
  • 2 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 10 likes

Constant skipping and pausing

Hi, for the past month or so I have had an intermittent problem with music skipping, fast forwarding and pausing. There is no pattern to it - I can be using the phone or not. Headphones are not the cause, it does it without them. I have deleted and r...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, for the past month or so I have had an intermittent problem with music skipping, fast forwarding and pausing. There is no pattern to it - I can be using the phone or not. Headphones are not the c...
  • Jgilbert
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Long touch song preview

Howdy. I used to be able to press and hold a song and get a short playback of it, which allowed me to decide if I liked it and wanted to add it to a playlist Is that feature gone or just a glitch tonight?

• Casual Listener
  • Howdy.  I used to be able to press and hold a song and get a short playback of it, which allowed me to decide if I liked it and wanted to add it to a playlist   Is that feature gone or ju...
  • loopaloopa
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes

Solved!! Very Slow Downloading to Phone

Spotify has slowed to a snails pace at downloading songs to my iphone 4s. I made sure that I didn't have it set to EXTREME sound quality and still it is VERY slow almost painful to even use. Will have to reconsider using Spotify if this keeps up.

• Music Fan
  • Spotify has slowed to a snails pace at downloading songs to my iphone 4s. I made sure that I didn't have it set to EXTREME sound quality and still it is VERY slow almost painful to even use. Will hav...
  • Hassan94ch
  • 23 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 23 replies
  • 5 likes

Adding to my playlist

Having trouble adding tracks to my playlists. Already tried updating the app. Any ideas?

• Having trouble adding tracks to my playlists. Already tried updating the app. Any ideas?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Cover art not showing..

So, I didn't think this would bother me this much, but it has. Cover art for songs aren't showing up when listening to the song, but when I go to the full list of songs, it shows up at the bottom. This just started happening a few days ago. I even un...

• Visitor
  • So, I didn't think this would bother me this much, but it has. Cover art for songs aren't showing up when listening to the song, but when I go to the full list of songs, it shows up at the bottom. Th...
  • Tearsforfears33
  • 47 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 47 replies
  • 10 likes

Album artworks displayed in low quality (connected via BT to bmw car audio)

Hi, i have this weird problem that some of the album/song artworks are displayed in low quality (blurred images) but some of them are in normal quality. It's totally random which album/song has this issue. It happened to me last month before it was a...

• Hi,  i have this weird problem that some of the album/song artworks are displayed in low quality (blurred images) but some of them are in normal quality. It's totally random which album/song ha...
  • most2wanted
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Payment problem

I have been using my credit card for 1 year to pay spotify’s monthly payment. Couple days ago i got email from spotify that says update your account. So i went to the link and used the same info to update but it says it is failed to update. What is t...

• I have been using my credit card for 1 year to pay spotify’s monthly payment. Couple days ago i got email from spotify that says update your account. So i went to the link and used the same info to u...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes