Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

imported itunes playlists won't play on iphone

I am recently unable to play imported itunes playlists using my iphone (no issues using the desktop Spotify app). The itunes playlists display and show correct # of songs - but, when I click on a playlist nothing is there. The itunes playlists are no...

• I am recently unable to play imported itunes playlists using my iphone (no issues using the desktop Spotify app).    The itunes playlists display and show correct # of songs - but, when I c...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Running] Modify "Your Running Mix" track list?

Hello everyone!Does anyone know how to add specific songs to the playlist "your running mix"? Or if i can create a playlist in the running section with my oun songs? It doesn't give me a choice to add music in this play list.thks

• Casual Listener
  • Hello everyone! Does anyone know how to add specific songs to the playlist "your running mix"? Or if i can create a playlist in the running section with my oun songs? It doesn't give me a choice to ...
  • Cregoryjames
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution constant skipping and pausing

When I use spotify on the move now, either walking, in the car, or on the bus, songs will sometimes jump forward and backward, pause, and sometimes skip queues entirely. I have seen other posts about this type of problem but there have been no concre...

• Casual Listener
  • When I use spotify on the move now, either walking, in the car, or on the bus, songs will sometimes jump forward and backward, pause, and sometimes skip queues entirely. I have seen other posts about...
  • Jew_Hawk_7
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Songs are "playing" but no sound?

Hi, I have an iPhone 4s running IOS 7.0.4 and running spotifz version 0.9.3.212. Some songs play fine in my playlist but others are "playing" but there is no sound. Like I said this happens on random songs. Inheritly, when I try to play the song that...

• Regular
  • Hi,   I have an iPhone 4s running IOS 7.0.4 and running spotifz version 0.9.3.212. Some songs play fine in my playlist but others are "playing" but there is no sound. Like I said this happen...
  • Hily
  • 55 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 55 replies
  • 1 likes

Phone keeps redownloading all of my music

For no reason at all my spotify music will be I downloaded and then my phone will redownload it all again (i have about 1000 songs) and it’s very annoying.

• Casual Listener
  • For no reason at all my spotify music will be I downloaded and then my phone will redownload it all again (i have about 1000 songs) and it’s very annoying.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Carplay Problems with Library > Albums

When using carplay - if I go to My Library > Albums its only showing the first 10 albums or so and it doesnt scroll down any more. Is there anyway to submit a technical support ticket about this?

• When using carplay - if I go to My Library > Albums its only showing the first 10 albums or so and it doesnt scroll down any more.        Is there anyway to submit a technica...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can no longer access “up next”

I have Spotify free, and up until very recently I was able to view what songs were in queue on my playlists. However, now the icon that I use to view this info is unresponsive. Is this feature only for premium owners now?

• I have Spotify free, and up until very recently I was able to view what songs were in queue on my playlists. However, now the icon that I use to view this info is unresponsive. Is this feature only f...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Mobile Premium won't let me change sound quality

Hi all,So, I have Spotify Premium on both my phone and my computer, but I can't change the sound quality on my phone. Every time I set it to extreme and close out of the Spotify app, it reverts back to normal. This is weird. Does anyone know how to c...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all, So, I have Spotify Premium on both my phone and my computer, but I can't change the sound quality on my phone. Every time I set it to extreme and close out of the Spotify app, it reverts b...
  • TamasKovacs
  • Regular
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS 8
    Premium
    Sound Quality
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs won't play when i select them

Hello I am having an issue with spotify on iPhone 4. I installed the last update which allows mobile devices to steam music for free on Spotify. Since then my iPhone won't play i song when i tap it, but i can still stream songs from my iPad and windo...

• Hello I am having an issue with spotify on iPhone 4. I installed the last update which allows mobile devices to steam music for free on Spotify. Since then my iPhone won't play i song when i tap it, ...
  • BarelaIzzy09
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

My playlist have 28 songs but only contains 1 song

Hi! So, yesterday I was about to listen to "Velial Squad" and for some reason, my playlist have 28 songs but it only contains 1 song. I tried to sync it, but it doesn't work. Also, If I go to the Artist page of "Velial Squad" I only see 1 song, which...

• Hi!   So, yesterday I was about to listen to "Velial Squad" and for some reason, my playlist have 28 songs but it only contains 1 song. I tried to sync it, but it doesn't work. Also, If I go t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Rotate Spotify screen

When using my phone in the car I put it in a car holder. The holder is horizontal in order to have better view for navigation etc. I use spotify also a lot in the car but when using the playlists and playing music I'm not able to rotate the screen. I...

• Casual Listener
  • When using my phone in the car I put it in a car holder. The holder is horizontal in order to have better view for navigation etc. I use spotify also a lot in the car but when using the playlists and...
  • morgajames
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes

Downloaded local files on my desktop don't show up on Spotify for my iPhone

I have never had this problem with Spotify before. I used to be able to create a playlist and put all my local files that I wanted in my playlist and then selected the option to download for offline use. I am using the same wifi on my iphone 8plus an...

• I have never had this problem with Spotify before. I used to be able to create a playlist and put all my local files that I wanted in my playlist and then selected the option to download for offline ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Songs Keep Skipping

Hi, About a week ago Spotify has started skipping every song after 30-45 seconds. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, restarting my phone, and skipping a few seconds in to the song. This is still continuing to happen and I can't remembe...

• Hi,  About a week ago Spotify has started skipping every song after 30-45 seconds. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, restarting my phone, and skipping a few seconds in to the so...
  • Hexmaniac45
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 6 likes

Solved!! Spotify on old ipod?

I'm trying to get Spotify working on an old ipod touch. Ipod model MC544LL/A, running ios 6.1.6. When I tell software to update, it says it's up to date, but when I try to download Spotify app it says that it requires ios 9 or higher. Any way to work...

• I'm trying to get Spotify working on an old ipod touch.  Ipod model MC544LL/A, running ios 6.1.6.  When I tell software to update, it says it's up to date, but when I try to download Spotif...
  • Swanny
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • old ipod
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify For IOS 4.2.1

Is there any way to download spotify for ios 4.2.1? If not, please consider making one. I am a premium subscriber and I desperately need spotify on my ipod touch. But the last version it will upgrade to is 4.2.1.

• Gig Goer
  • Is there any way to download spotify for ios 4.2.1? If not, please consider making one. I am a premium subscriber and I desperately need spotify on my ipod touch. But the last version it will upgrade...
  • nobody8
  • 29 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 29 replies
  • 3 likes

How do i stop music from downloading to multiple devices?

I have 2 iphones. One is used as my regualr phone. The other is an old phone that i just want to use as a music player. I downloaded spotify on the old phone and downloaded a lot of music. When i went back to my daily phone it was downloading there t...

• I have 2 iphones. One is used as my regualr phone. The other is an old phone that i just want to use as a music player. I downloaded spotify on the old phone and downloaded a lot of music. When i wen...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Offline Modus | Scrobble to last.fm upon going online again?

Does the app cache the played songs and then scrobbles once the next internet connection is established? As an example, will my songs that i listened to (in offline mode) during a two week trip abroad be scrobbled upon returning home (when I switch b...

• Regular
  • Does the app cache the played songs and then scrobbles once the next internet connection is established? As an example, will my songs that i listened to (in offline mode) during a two week trip abroa...
  • camuel
  • 24 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 24 replies
  • 9 likes

Lock Screen Display Stuck To One Song

My iphone 6 plus has the same song stuck as paused on the lock screen and it also stops playing music randomly

• My iphone 6 plus has the same song stuck as paused on the lock screen and it also stops playing music randomly
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

'Make available offline' - Does not exist!

Right, I am absolutely sick of this same situation everytime I have to re-sink my local file playlists to my iPhone. As usual this mysterious 'Make available offline' option is NOWHERE to be found and I have done everything I cant think of to get the...

• Casual Listener
  •   Right,   I am absolutely sick of this same situation everytime I have to re-sink my local file playlists to my iPhone.  As usual this mysterious 'Make available offline' option is...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Album artwork pixelated on iOS

Hey. Is anyone else having issues with album artwork display on iOS devices? It seems to be really pixelated only on albums that are saved to my library. I first notified Spotify of this many months back, and again not so long ago, but it still hasn’...

BF74247B-7F6D-40C5-BE0A-35230554BB6B.jpeg 6507236C-953C-40D6-BAEE-8D35986CA0EA.jpeg
  • Regular
  • Hey. Is anyone else having issues with album artwork display on iOS devices? It seems to be really pixelated only on albums that are saved to my library.   I first notified Spotify of this man...
  • deanko78
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes