Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

I cannot get local files artwork onto iPhone

i bought music from itunes and synced the local files into my mac. the artwork is showing up fine on my mac however when i sync it to my phone the album artwork is gone anyone have any idea how to solve

• i bought music from itunes and synced the local files into my mac. the artwork is showing up fine on my mac however when i sync it to my phone the album artwork is gone anyone have any idea how to so...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Shove Spotify up your **bleep**

I do not have the Spotify premium app, I do not want to pay £9 a month to listen to my friends playlists. My friend suggests songs for me to listen to, Spotify wants me to listen to a whole album on shuffle play to get to the track I want..... **blee...

• I do not have the Spotify premium app, I do not want to pay £9 a month to listen to my friends playlists. My friend suggests songs for me to listen to, Spotify wants me to listen to a whole album on ...
  • Jack
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I have an android phone and ipod touch.

Can i play offline on my android and i pod touch?? I use my i pod for the gym not my phone

• Can i play offline on my android and i pod touch?? I use my i pod for the gym not my phone
  • tijnrenders
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files

I have my local files on my desktop but I cannot get them on my IPhone. I have allowed access past the firewall for Spotify, hit download on the playlist on my Mac and phone, logged in and out of both versions, I have tried everything. Can someone pl...

• Casual Listener
  • I have my local files on my desktop but I cannot get them on my IPhone. I have allowed access past the firewall for Spotify, hit download on the playlist on my Mac and phone, logged in and out of bot...
  • tijnrenders
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Iphone 6s-Marantz NA6005 connection problems

I recently bought Marantz NA6005 streamer and connect Spotify through my Iphone 6s. Noticed two problems so far: a) while listening to Spotify twice within an hour had static noise, and b) suddenly streamer turned off completely and Spotify did the s...

• I recently bought Marantz NA6005 streamer and connect Spotify through my Iphone 6s. Noticed two problems so far: a) while listening to Spotify twice within an hour had static noise, and b) suddenly s...
  • Taruskin
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle bug

Whenever I'm in the car, and spotify is playing through bluetooth, it won't shuffle. I can even click the icon and the light will go on, but the next song is always whatever is next alphabetically. In order to truly shuffle, I have to play the shuffl...

• Whenever I'm in the car, and spotify is playing through bluetooth, it won't shuffle. I can even click the icon and the light will go on, but the next song is always whatever is next alphabetically. I...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems with listening to followed artists

I have had a quite annoying problem with Spotify for some time now.When browsing my followed artists some show that there’s n amount of downloaded tracks.That’s all fine and dandy but when I select this artist it only shows me these ’downloaded’ trac...

• I have had a quite annoying problem with Spotify for some time now. When browsing my followed artists some show that there’s n amount of downloaded tracks. That’s all fine and dandy but when I sele...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify App Won't Change Shuffle and Repeat settings

The app isn't letting me turn shuffle or repeat off. Even if I hit the button and the shuffle option turns grey, when I go to the next song (or even when I exit the app and return) the shuffle is turned on again and the button turns green. Even when ...

• The app isn't letting me turn shuffle or repeat off. Even if I hit the button and the shuffle option turns grey, when I go to the next song (or even when I exit the app and return) the shuffle is tur...
  • Katblast
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Playing Songs by one artist

I like listening to songs by one artist at a time. I used to be able to do this, not it keeps jumping to different artists and songs. What am I doing wrong? Has something changed?

• I like listening to songs by one artist at a time.  I used to be able to do this, not it keeps jumping to different artists and songs.  What am I doing wrong?  Has something changed?
  • Bethany_Dawn
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone X burns up when Spotify plays

While listening to Spotify on my iPhone X and another's iPhone 7 the back of our phones burn up. It's hottest right under the camera lense. Also on average the battery drains at faster than 1% per minute. We aren't able to use Spotify unless it's plu...

• While listening to Spotify on my iPhone X and another's iPhone 7 the back of our phones burn up. It's hottest right under the camera lense. Also on average the battery drains at faster than 1% per mi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded songs no longer available offline?

Hi!I've had Spotify for a while but suddenly my saved songs which I've synced to my iphone are no longer available when I put my phone on plane mode. This has never been an issue before! I am abroad and that is the only variable that has changed...do...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi! I've had Spotify for a while but suddenly my saved songs which I've synced to my iphone are no longer available when I put my phone on plane mode. This has never been an issue before! I am abr...
  • jimed2222
  • Regular
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Play specific artist/track

I understood that with Spotify premium I could play any song I choose. It is not letting me do this. If I play a certain list it plays a few of the songs on the list and then switches to things I do not want to hear. If I cannot play what I want then...

• I understood that with Spotify premium I could play any song I choose. It is not letting me do this. If I play a certain list it plays a few of the songs on the list and then switches to things I do ...
  • Bethany_Dawn
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle not working

I am having problems with shuffle. I have 2413 songs in my "Songs" playlist. I have the playlist downloaded. I notice that frequently it plays songs from the same artist several times in a row. It is not rare that I get 2-3 songs from the same artist...

• I am having problems with shuffle. I have 2413 songs in my "Songs" playlist. I have the playlist downloaded. I notice that frequently it plays songs from the same artist several times in a row. It is...
  • elsid
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • shuffle
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Spotify stopped working on my iPod touch

I have been a premium user for quite some time, and have used it on my ipod for about a year or so. However as of I think Wednesday Spotify won't get past the loading screen. [please see screenshot]It just stays on this screen, doesn't load anything,...

IMG_0387.PNG
  • Regular
  • I have been a premium user for quite some time, and have used it on my ipod for about a year or so.   However as of I think Wednesday Spotify won't get past the loading screen. [please see ...
  • taramasud
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Ad Freezes the App

I have the free version of Spotify. I really don’t mind the ads. Fewer than on the radio, and much better than paying $10/month. But lately, when ads do play, the app will freeze and I have to close it and reopen. Still better than having to pay for ...

• I have the free version of Spotify. I really don’t mind the ads. Fewer than on the radio, and much better than paying $10/month. But lately, when ads do play, the app will freeze and I have to close ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Help! My Spotify app keeps crashing!

Recently I've been experiencing some issues with my Spotify app. Every time I attempt to open the app it just seems to show me the Spotify logo and then crashes. I've tried restarting my device, soft-restarting my device, and redownloading the app al...

• Recently I've been experiencing some issues with my Spotify app. Every time I attempt to open the app it just seems to show me the Spotify logo and then crashes. I've tried restarting my device, soft...
  • taramasud
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

iPad app

I have Premium. Do I have to pay to download the app on my Ipad?

• Regular
  • I have Premium. Do I have to pay to download the app on my Ipad?
  • jimed2222
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Keeps playing even with autoplay off

Recently, maybe after the last update, Spotify on my iphone keeps playing even though autoplay is off. My goal is to play a CD as I go to sleep, and then have the music stop. I'm waking up in the middle of the night and the CD is still playing over a...

• Casual Listener
  • Recently, maybe after the last update, Spotify on my iphone keeps playing even though autoplay is off. My goal is to play a CD as I go to sleep, and then have the music stop. I'm waking up in the mid...
  • B00sef
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes