Premium Family

Country

Germany

Device

iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone XR 

Operating System

iOS 15.1

My Question or Issue
I try to play my favorite songs (Lieblingssongs) with the command “Hey Siri, spiele Lieblingssongs auf Spotify” (Hey Siri, play favorite songs on Spotify). It doesn’t work and instead Spotify will play some random playlists that doesn’t even are similar with the name “Lieblingssongs” for example “Covers unplugged” ?!

As I searched the community there are other users with this issue but I didn’t find a solution. Is there any solution which I just didn’t find?

Greetings,

Daniel

8 Replies

Hi @speedsen

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Even though the example the user mentioned in this thread is in Spanish, would you mind giving it a try to see if it works for you as well in German?

Keep us posted on how it goes.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Thank you for your replay. 
I tried it with the German sentence „Hey Siri, spiele die Playlist Liked Songs auf Spotify“ and it works. But only if I pronounce the word liked as „leeked“ which is then the german pronounciation for an English word which sounds very stupid!

Why is it not possible that you can call it like it is named in German „Lieblingssongs“? That’s so senseless and should be fixed asap!

I tried some other things and when I set up a new playlist named „Lieblingssongs“ which is the same name for the standard playlist „Liked Songs“ in the German version of Spotify it works great with Siri. 
The problem is that I don’t want to put every title I like on a playlist especially when I’m driving because instead of one tip on the heart I have to do three steps to put it on a playlist. 
Again, I think Spotify should fix this annoying behavior very quick. 

Hey @speedsen,

Thanks for the replies.

This sounds like the Assistant having some issues playing the right playlist based on what's in the app cache and how the Assistant has been trained.

Everything that the Spotify app does during this process is communicating with the Assistant API, following the received instructions and playing what the Assistant has requested.

This issue is currently being investigated by the right teams at Spotify and Apple.

What you can try is to use the words "My playlist" before the playlist name (Lieblingssongs) in the command. Try both in English and German.

Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello Alex,

thanks for your reply although it isn’t quite what I wanted to hear. 

The problem is that in the API the standard playlist “Liked songs” isn’t translated to the German word “Lieblingssongs”. And we all know that Siri has problems with English words in german. Siri will always try to say English words in german, so the pronouncing of the words “Liked songs” has to be “likket songs” which sounds very stupid.

It would be very nice if Spotify could translate the name for the standard playlist “Liked Songs” in the correct version for each country. I think that will solve the problem also for all other users that are having issues with  the correct Siri command in their language.

Thanks

Hey there @speedsen,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Due to specific technical requirements in place to ensure compatibility among devices, the API cannot be easily changed, but we are aware of some localization issues and hope that together with our partners will be able to improve voice assisted playback controls in the future.

Right now, besides the workaround we provided, we can recommend using Spotify Connect via the app to ensure there're no voice-assistant induced misunderstandings.

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

Cheers 🙂

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I Have just picked up a new iPhone and switched from Samsung. When I asked Google to play a song on Spotify, it would usually get the correct song. When I ask Siri to play a song, it never gets it correct, it is so random. The Siri voices the correct song, but that is not what is played . Interestingly when I did not say Spotify, Siri found the song in Apple Music and could play it, but I am not a member.  What is up with this mega bug

I have the same issue, i ask my siri to play songs from my spotify liked playlist and she tells me she can’t find them.

Suggested posts