spotify breaks after few songs

Plan

Premium

Device

(iPhone 6

Operating System

(iOS 14

My Question or Issue

spotify stops playing and wont work after finishing a song. sometimes it plays only a few and rarley it plays for some hours but always breaks. when it does the play bar stays at the end of the song and i can move forward or back two tracks but it will stay at 0 and not paly. selecting a different playlist is just endless loading. after restarting it puts it two sings back. i have reloaded the app and updated many times but it won t work for while. i cancel my subscription if not fixed next month as i do not get what i pay for

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @zufyovelto,

Thank you for keeping in touch. 

Could you double-check if there is any update available for your device's operating system? You can check by heading to Settings > General > Software Update. If possible, can you also try logging into another account on your device? For example, you can ask a family member or a friend to sign in to their Spotify account on your phone to see if the 3 dots will appear.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

update ios 15.8 spotify 8.8.82.607 fixed

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Hey @zufyovelto,

Thanks for reaching out!

It seems to me that you were experiencing this issue we had here.

It is now fixed, so updating the app should resolve things for you 🙂

In case the issue is persisting, log out of your app and then back in again two times in a row.

This will trigger a manual sync of all your settings.

If this doesn't help - follow the steps from this article to remove your cached data and then restart your app.

Should the issue persist even after this is done, I'd recommend clearing all Spotify-related data from your device and installing a fresh copy of the app.

To do so, follow the steps for a complete clean reinstall from this article over here.

Keep us posted on how things go 🙌🏼

VasilModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

it seem to work but i still can not change queue order

Hey @zufyovelto

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Just to confirm, did you follow the steps @Vasil sent previously? 

If so, could you let us know what exactly happens when you try to change the queue's order? Sending us a short screen recording of the issue happening would come in handy.  You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert Video option in the post editor. You can also upload it to Google Drive and share the link with us (make sure the video has the permissions for anyone to see it).

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

full re install. songs play fine but can not change order of play. three lines on right side of next playing missing.

Hey @zufyovelto,

Thanks for the response.

This is expected behavior for users that are using free mobile version of the Spotify app.

We'd suggest that you take a look at this article for more info.

If you were able to do it on a free account, it means the free account might have been new. Sometimes, new accounts receive some testable features available to Premium users - head here to learn more about it. 

If the above is not the case and you're a Premium user, but you can't access the benefits and features of your plan - we'd recommend checking out this FAQ and following the steps provided in there.

Hope this helps. Take care 🙂

LyubkaModerator

i am premium and can use all features but not change order of queue on this device

Marked as solution

Hey @zufyovelto,

Thank you for keeping in touch. 

Could you double-check if there is any update available for your device's operating system? You can check by heading to Settings > General > Software Update. If possible, can you also try logging into another account on your device? For example, you can ask a family member or a friend to sign in to their Spotify account on your phone to see if the 3 dots will appear.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

LyubkaModerator
Marked as solution

update ios 15.8 spotify 8.8.82.607 fixed

Suggested posts