NEXT STEP

Siri commands stopped working with Bluetooth speaker

Solved!

Siri commands stopped working with Bluetooth speaker

Plan: Premium

Device: iPhone 12

Operating System: iOS 16.2

My Question or Issue

Asking Siri to skip a song is not working with the Bluetooth speaker I use every day. Stopped within the last week. I restarted my phone and it did not work. I uninstalled and reinstalled and it did not work. I uninstalled and reinstalled and then restarted and it worked for a few minutes.

The player comes up and it acts like it is going to skip to the next and then returns to the song playing and then just ends up pausing the music. Please help. Thank you! 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Ok so after a few weeks of skip not working with Siri without being on Bluetooth I ended up asking Siri to skip then pressing skip for a few weeks thinking she might learn and maybe a week or so later she started working again. Might be worth a shot to try and retrain your Siri. Best of luck to y’all with yours!

View solution in original post

15 Replies

Hi there @nikipower13,

Thanks for reaching out. Firstly, make sure the Bluetooth speaker has the latest firmware version installed, if applicable. Did it, your phone or Spotify get updated in the week the issue first occured? 

Try performing a clean reinstall to clear any corruped data that may be causing the issue. Leave the phone turned off for at least a few minutes before turning it back on and continuing with the next steps.

Let us know how it goes.

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I followed the instructions for iPhone and no this did not work. I had not updated my phone when this started. I updated it a day ago to see if it would help and it did not. 

When I ask Siri to skip a song, the siri icon is coming on the screen and bringing up the player. It will show the next song and then go to back to the one I am trying to skip and pause the song. This is incredibly frustrating as I have been using this phone and this speaker with Siri and Spotify for at least 2 years. I like the option to skip songs when I am not near my phone or am busy with my hands. Please lmk if you have any other ideas and thank you. 

Update: I tried another and this is happening with my other bluetooth speaker. Siri commands only seem to work with Spotify when connected to ear buds or playing from the phone speaker. 

Second update: Apple Music will skip songs with Siri on my Bluetooth speaker. Seems this issue is isolated to Spotify and Bluetooth speakers. 

Hey @nikipower13,

Thanks for getting back to us, great troubleshooting so far!

As a next step, can you please try re-pairing the Bluetooth speaker to see if that changes anything?

Let us know how it goes.

MihailYModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I’ve done this a few times already. Please send me all steps and ideas since I have already tried several things. 

Hi @nikipower13

Thanks for your reply. 

Could you give a different internet connection a go to see if that makes the difference? 

If the issue persists, would you mind asking a friend or a relative to log in to their account on your iPhone and check if the same happens with a different account?

Keep us posted.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Tried with connecting only to my cellular data and not wifi and same result. I will see if I can get someone else to connect to the speaker and see what happens.

I do find it hard to believe I’m the only person experiencing this issue tho. 

I am also experiencing same exact issue. iPhone 11 and my songs keep pausing or not even playing when using Siri commands on Bluetooth 

For the past few days I have been unable to skip songs or request a new song to play using Siri. Spotify will either pause the music or continue to play the same song.

Hey there,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community. 

We've tried reproducing this but we were not able to and we think that it might be a good idea to try some troubleshooting steps.

Could you try to log out > restart your device > log back in to see if that makes any difference for you?

If it doesn't, we'd recommend that you check if you've enabled the use of Siri in the Spotify app. In order to do that go to Settings and scroll down until you find Spotify App in the list. Click on it, then you'll see the option Siri & Search click on > and double check if the settings are toggled on. Screenshot for reference below. 

In case the still issue persists, could you ask a friend or a family member to log in on your device and test this out to see if the app behaves the same way?

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

LyubkaModerator

One thing to add is that I am getting this error when I’m connected to a Bluetooth speaker, a UE Roll more specifically. 

Hey @nikipower13,

Thanks for getting back to us. 

That's a great idea and it will help us understand if it's account related or not. 

Let us know how it goes. We'll be on the lookout for your answer and we'll see what we can suggest next.

LyubkaModerator
Marked as solution

Ok so after a few weeks of skip not working with Siri without being on Bluetooth I ended up asking Siri to skip then pressing skip for a few weeks thinking she might learn and maybe a week or so later she started working again. Might be worth a shot to try and retrain your Siri. Best of luck to y’all with yours!

I’m experiencing this issue specifically with my Apple Watch not skipping songs on Spotify via voice commands. 
really annoying, did anyone ever fix this?

Suggested posts