Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Siri control issue

Siri control issue

Hello,

Since the latest releases of iOS, Apple has made possible to partially control third-party music apps with Siri.

Here are some commands that are supposed to work : "Resume music" (when it's paused), "Next track", "Previous track"...

I'm prefectly able to use these commands on Siri with other music apps like SoundCloud, but with Spotify it doesn't work (at least it seems to work for very short time, like a few milliseconds, but then the music stops for no reason).

For instance, here is a scenario that does'nt work :

- I start playing a song with Spotify

- I pause that song and lock the iPhone

- I say "Hey siri, resume the music". Siri says "Ok" and I can listen the music for 10ms but immediatly after it stops again. I have similary issues with the others commands, and again, it's only with Spotify.

I'm using an iPhone 6S, with iOS 9.3 and the latest version of Spotify (with Premium subscription). I'm using iOS and Siri in french.

2 Replies

Hello @Nolora, welcome to the Spotify Community!

You should contact with Spotify Consumer Support filling this contact form.

If you receive an automated email that leads you back to the community or help pages, reply to it (even if it's from "no-reply") and one of the Spotify team members will get back to you as soon as possible.

Don't forget to check your Spam Box 😉

Have you tried the iOS app Melody? It's a voice assistant built for Spotify. You can play songs, albums, playlists, etc. You might dig it – https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/melody-voice-assistant-for/id1173368693

Suggested posts