Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Siri voice commands not working on Apple Watch

Siri voice commands not working on Apple Watch

Since the latest update Siri is no longer able to start a stream via Apple Watch. When I asked Siri to play a song on Spotify, it says something like „I check for it“ and nothing happens. Apple Watch connected to iPhone is working, however under cellular connection doesn’t work. Moreover, Siri on iOS works fine. It’s sad, because it works well until the latest update was released. And it’s a Great function especially for running outside. I tried to reinstall all apps without success. 

Manuel  

Plan

Premium

Country

Spain  

22 Replies

Hey there @Simonnoacierta,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

We understand that you already tried reinstalling the Spotify app, but did you make sure to follow the specific steps in this guide for a clean reinstall? This is more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any corrupted files that might be causing trouble. Also, try unpairing and pairing your phone and watch again.

If that doesn't do the trick, could you confirm if the app works fine when you manually use it on your watch without Siri?

Lastly, make sure that there aren't any pending updates for your phone and watch OS.

Keep us posted. We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Thanks for the response. I performed the clean reinstall, unpairing and pairing the phone and watch, and checked there are no pending updates for the iPhone and watch OS. The app works fine when I manually use it on my watch without Siri. Siri is working with the apple watch connected to the iPhone. However, when I used the Siri command without the iPhone, there is no response. There is was working a month ago. My wife did not update the app, and it works properly. Please, can you check what happens by using Siri just with the apple watch? This feature is handy for running. Thanks a lot, best regards.

Hey @Simonnoacierta,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

To make sure were on the same page do you mean that you're able to stream directly on the watch (without it being connected to your phone) without Siri? We're able to do so previously? 

You also mention that this started happening after an update, just to clarify - did you mean a Spotify update?

In any case, we'd appreciate it if you share the exact Spotify version you see at your end, the model and iOS version of your phone, as well as the watchOS and model of your watch.

Another thing that would help us narrow down the possible root cause of the issue would be to ask your wife to log in on your devices and see if it comes up there as well.

Keep us posted. We'd love to investigate this further. 

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Dear Mihail. Thanks for your support. As you mentioned, streaming directly on the watch works well connected to AirPods Pro. However, if I ask Siri for a specific song or group it doesn't respond. Of course, I did it previously with previous Spotify versions. Now running Spotify 8.6.14 on iPhone 12 Pro with iOS 14.4.2. Apple Watch 4 with 7.3.3. I will check tomorrow with my wife what you asked. We hope to get the solution. Thanks for your help! 

Hey @Simonnoacierta,

Thank you so much for all that info.

We'll be waiting for the outcome of your wife trying her account in your device to check if this is rather account-related.

Keep us in the loop.

CarlosEModerator

I have checked with my wife's account and neither it's working. Streaming on the apple watch works appropriately but asking for Siri is missing. However, connected to the iPhone Siri is doing the task. Thanks for your help!

Any ideas? Does nobody have the same problem?

Please, could any moderator answer? Many thanks!

I have also check that occurs when the apple watch is connected to the iPhone. Siri works when I choose telephone in the app. When I select the dispositive watch connected to AirPods Siri doesn't work. Any suggestion? Thanks!

Something?

I appreciate any help you can provide.

Hey @Simonnoacierta,

Thanks for the info 🙂

It looks like not all watch OS features are available in every feature or language.

It's a good idea to check if you recently updated the country on your Spotify account or Apple watch in case that's causing it.

Keep us in the loop! We'll be right here if you have any questions.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Many thanks for your response. However, I tried to modify the setting of languages and regions on my phone and apple watch, and it didn't work.  Strangely, Siri works by selecting the iPhone as a device, and it doesn't succeed with the watch as the device. In theory, it should work? 

Hi there @Simonnoacierta,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

Can you let us know if you changed your country settings? You can see the countries it's available in here.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Dear Jeremy

I have tried with different country settings without success. I guest it is not a country setting related problem, since with every configuration I could manage music with Siri by selecting iPhone device.. Still the misters remains for me.. I thinks it’s a software problem..

Hi again @Simonnoacierta,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

Can you check the permissions on your account page here? We suggest that you disconnect then access and the reconnect it again.

Keep us posted 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator

Dear Jeremy, thanks for your response. I tried it with no success.  I don't know how I could manage music with Siri before, And now It's impossible. Is this function active nowadays? 

Hi again @Simonnoacierta,

Thank you for getting back in touch.

As you've mentioned that is used to work before, this seems to be an intended feature. However we'd like to admit that we don't have as much info around this as we'd like.

We had a look with our CS teams for any additional reports on this issue from other users but weren't able to find any.

As the issue is specific to using Siri with the watch's own data connection, we'd recommend that you reach out to Apple and see if maybe they're able to give you some more information and potential troubleshooting steps.

In the meantime we'll make sure to be on the lookout for any additional reports on this.

Keep us posted 🙂

JeremyModerator

Dear Jeremy. After the last app update, it seems that the service comes back. Now I can use Siri again to manage music under cellular connection. Evidence shows that the problem was the Spotify app, as suspected. Now the tiny issue is that only Siri works once; if I ask for another song, it doesn't respond... 

Suggested posts