Siri voice commands not working on Apple Watch

Siri voice commands not working on Apple Watch

Simonnoacierta
Music Fan

Since the latest update Siri is no longer able to start a stream via Apple Watch. When I asked Siri to play a song on Spotify, it says something like „I check for it“ and nothing happens. Apple Watch connected to iPhone is working, however under cellular connection doesn’t work. Moreover, Siri on iOS works fine. It’s sad, because it works well until the latest update was released. And it’s a Great function especially for running outside. I tried to reinstall all apps without success. 

Manuel  

Plan

Premium

Country

Spain  

14 Replies

Re: Siri voice commands not working on Apple Watch

CarlosE

Hey there @Simonnoacierta,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

We understand that you already tried reinstalling the Spotify app, but did you make sure to follow the specific steps in this guide for a clean reinstall? This is more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any corrupted files that might be causing trouble. Also, try unpairing and pairing your phone and watch again.

If that doesn't do the trick, could you confirm if the app works fine when you manually use it on your watch without Siri?

Lastly, make sure that there aren't any pending updates for your phone and watch OS.

Keep us posted. We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Simonnoacierta
Music Fan

Thanks for the response. I performed the clean reinstall, unpairing and pairing the phone and watch, and checked there are no pending updates for the iPhone and watch OS. The app works fine when I manually use it on my watch without Siri. Siri is working with the apple watch connected to the iPhone. However, when I used the Siri command without the iPhone, there is no response. There is was working a month ago. My wife did not update the app, and it works properly. Please, can you check what happens by using Siri just with the apple watch? This feature is handy for running. Thanks a lot, best regards.

Mihail

Hey @Simonnoacierta,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

To make sure were on the same page do you mean that you're able to stream directly on the watch (without it being connected to your phone) without Siri? We're able to do so previously? 

You also mention that this started happening after an update, just to clarify - did you mean a Spotify update?

In any case, we'd appreciate it if you share the exact Spotify version you see at your end, the model and iOS version of your phone, as well as the watchOS and model of your watch.

Another thing that would help us narrow down the possible root cause of the issue would be to ask your wife to log in on your devices and see if it comes up there as well.

Keep us posted. We'd love to investigate this further. 

MihailModerator

“Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.” - Keith Richards

Simonnoacierta
Music Fan

Dear Mihail. Thanks for your support. As you mentioned, streaming directly on the watch works well connected to AirPods Pro. However, if I ask Siri for a specific song or group it doesn't respond. Of course, I did it previously with previous Spotify versions. Now running Spotify 8.6.14 on iPhone 12 Pro with iOS 14.4.2. Apple Watch 4 with 7.3.3. I will check tomorrow with my wife what you asked. We hope to get the solution. Thanks for your help! 

CarlosE

Hey @Simonnoacierta,

Thank you so much for all that info.

We'll be waiting for the outcome of your wife trying her account in your device to check if this is rather account-related.

Keep us in the loop.

CarlosEModerator

Simonnoacierta
Music Fan

I have checked with my wife's account and neither it's working. Streaming on the apple watch works appropriately but asking for Siri is missing. However, connected to the iPhone Siri is doing the task. Thanks for your help!

Simonnoacierta
Music Fan
Any ideas? Does nobody have the same problem?

Simonnoacierta
Music Fan

Please, could any moderator answer? Many thanks!

Simonnoacierta
Music Fan

I have also check that occurs when the apple watch is connected to the iPhone. Siri works when I choose telephone in the app. When I select the dispositive watch connected to AirPods Siri doesn't work. Any suggestion? Thanks!

SUGGESTED POSTS