Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sleep Timer - iOS

Solved!

Sleep Timer - iOS

The Sleep Timer of iOS is not working for me with Spotify. It stops for a second and continues to play music. This bug now exists already over one year. Please try to fix it or just build in a sleep timer at the app itself

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Adding a sleep timer to the Spotify application itself is discussed on the ideas exchange here if you want to add your kudos and comments there too. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Adding a sleep timer to the Spotify application itself is discussed on the ideas exchange here if you want to add your kudos and comments there too. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

iOS has this build in Timer! You can access it from the clock app or from the control centre! There you have many different sound options BUT the last option is silence the running music! So iOS has it's build in sleep timer an the spotify app don't need one but it is necessary to FIX THE BUG with the build in sleep timer!

What it does now if you turn the iOS sleep timer on: You hear a very short break when the music should mute and than spotify plays on. 😞

You can stop playing spotify using "My Music Timer"

Please check "My Music Timer" app.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/my-music-timer/id787182095?mt=8

Thanks

The app Music Sleep Timer works great with Spotify and it can be run in the background unlike My Music Timer app. It's very simple and basic but works great.

I've been using the music sleep timer from Jason Everett like most others until now. I've just noticed tonight ( mainly because Jason's app no longer works in iOS8, though he's working on it) that the Stock IOS8 sleep timer function in Clock now does work fully with spotify finally. I've tested it on iPad mini and iPhone 6 plus and its all fine!!! A million thanks to Jason for solving the problem in the meantime.

Suggested posts