Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Some of my local files wont stream (iPhone)

Some of my local files wont stream (iPhone)

So I just got the Spotify Premium Subscription and I have music on my laptop. All of my local files are playable on my laptop. What I want to do is to stream my local files from my iPhone. So I made a playlist and name it to "iPod" and put all of my local files on that playlist. So when I get on the Spotify on my iPhone 4s (7.0.4), I go to my playlist and I see that a lot of songs are playable to stream but then there are other songs that are dark gray and obviously it is not playable to stream. I tap on it and the message says "Track not synced, if you own the track, you can sync it from your computer." So the thing is, I really dont have much memory on my phone so i rather play music through streaming it. All of my songs are MP3 formats by the way. 

Somebody! Anybody! please help me haha. 

Thanks! 

(I also have a screenshot on my phone in case) 

IMG_1898.PNG
3 Replies

If you want those local files to be playable on your device, you need to sync them in an offline playlist from your desktop computer. Spotify will do its best to match your local tracks against ones in its catalogue hence why some of the tracks are playable without syncing but its not 100% sadly!

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks Peter! 

@Peter wrote:

If you want those local files to be playable on your device, you need to sync them in an offline playlist from your desktop computer. Spotify will do its best to match your local tracks against ones in its catalogue hence why some of the tracks are playable without syncing but its not 100% sadly!

This did not work for me. What exactly is an offline playlist? Because from my PC I set the playlist to download to my PC's memory then I also set it to download to my Phone. Only after doing both those did I try adding in the local files again to find it still didnt work 😞

Suggested posts