Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Song slide bar not working

Song slide bar not working

Not able to move the slide bar forward or backwards also the previous song play button is disabled.

Plan

Free

Country

India

Device

iphone xR

Operating System

ios 16.2

My Question or Issue

Not able to move the slide bar forward or backwards also the previous song play button is disabled.

6 Replies

I'm pretty sure this is uncommon behavior. I use Spotify Free, but I'm a desktop user, and I know Spotify Free has more restrictions on mobile.

I'd recommend a clean install, using these instructions.

Good luck!

I think they removed those feature so if we need them we have to get Spotify premium subscription 

Hey @ITheLoneWolfI & @Logann,

Just to confirm here 🙂 
Using the seek bar on free was an ongoing test that has since concluded!
You may still try the TS steps provided by @kaworu_bloodpaw but in case the issue persists, the promotion has most likely ended for your accounts already.

Hope this helps!

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I tried the steps you shared but still no resolve. I tried it with my friends iPhones as well and most of them has this issue but this issues only exists with iPhones not iPads. In the pic attached, the slider and previous track buttons are greyed out meaning their disabled not a bug.

I hope its a bug and not a feature removed and saved for premium users only , that would be a bad move. and i’ve been using spotify for years so i know it ain’t just a 6 month feature. besides removing something basic like this for money is a dirty move i’ll say

IMG_0089.png

Hey @ITheLoneWolfI,

Thanks for the reply.

Indeed the app on a tablet device looks and behaves a bit differently than the app on a mobile phone. What you've described is the expected behavior of the app. The seek bar and the button to go to the previous track are greyed out on an account without a Premium subscription, used on a mobile phone.

Hope this clears things a bit,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Please try to bring it back as its a basic feature which would be a bad impression if your making it only for premium users. I haven’t been able to use spotify in my iPhone recently because of the greyed out slider and my mood has been really not good since i couldn’t spotify

I used it literally most of the time every day so please bring this basic feature back please for iPhones

Suggested posts