Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Song won’t play even through it says it is

Solved!

Song won’t play even through it says it is

This has become really annoying over the past few days. I have been playing a song and when the next one starts it just doesn’t play anything.  Spotify will say it’s playing but the song time won’t change and nothing will happen. If I click another song it does the same thing and it stays like this for a while and then will suddenly play again randomly. The songs in question are all downloaded, there’s plenty of free space and i’m in the latest version of iOS and the latest app update. This is becoming a real problem now so please help. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @A_Superior_Kiwi

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Just to make sure, is this happening across devices or only on a specific one? Also, we'd like to know if the issue only occurs with your downloaded content. 

On another note, it's well worth running a clean reinstall to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. This one is more thorough than the usual one.

Additionally, we suggest that you make sure to disable any cache clearing / battery saving apps that might be active on your device. 

Keep us posted on how it goes.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @A_Superior_Kiwi

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Just to make sure, is this happening across devices or only on a specific one? Also, we'd like to know if the issue only occurs with your downloaded content. 

On another note, it's well worth running a clean reinstall to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. This one is more thorough than the usual one.

Additionally, we suggest that you make sure to disable any cache clearing / battery saving apps that might be active on your device. 

Keep us posted on how it goes.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Thanks for the help, this only happened in this phone and only for downloaded songs. After deleting the cache and completely reinstalling the app it appears to be working completely normal again. Thanks so much. 

Hi there @A_Superior_Kiwi,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

We're glad to see that you're downloaded songs works as it should for you again 🙂

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

This didn’t work for me

Hey @bojackey ,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Could you share the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far so we can avoid proposing duplicated ones? What are the brand/model and operating system of the device you're using Spotify on? We also need the Spotify app version number.

Just to make sure, have you tried performing a clean reinstall of the app as described here?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Thanks for getting back in touch. I reinstalled the app in the usual way, then followed your clean install instructions.
The problem happens with at least two artists, most recently Willie Nelson. I can’t get the Red Headed Stranger album to play, or any of the songs on it.

I’m using a clean install of the up-to-date Spotify app (8.8.18.559) on an up-to-date iPad and iPhoneXr. The songs play fine on my wife’s iPhone Xr, which is also up-to-date.

Hey there @bojackey

Thanks for your reply. 

Would you mind giving a different internet connection a go to see if the same happens?

On another note and just to confirm, is this only happening with 2 specific artists or with another content too?

Lastly, we'd like to know if this happens when you're streaming directly on your iPhone/iPad or with your downloaded content as well. 

We'll be on the lookout. 

EniModerator

Suggested posts