Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs Not Adding To Playlists?

Solved!

Songs Not Adding To Playlists?

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 6S Plus

My Question or Issue

Hi,

I've been having this issue for a couple of months: there are certain songs that I have added to my playlists but then they never show up or play. I have tried the "add anyway" duplicate feature, but they still do not show up/play. I have also tried uninstalling/reinstalling the app, and nothing changes. Any ideas on how to solve this issue? I can add new songs that I definitely have never added before and they play/show up just fine, it's only some songs that are supposedly already on there (but aren't!). 

Thanks in advance for the help! 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi again @ZnowSe7en,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

When this happens and the songs are greyed out, it means that the songs aren't available in your market. We want all the world’s music and podcasts on Spotify, but availability can vary over time and between countries, depending on licensing agreements and the permissions from rights holders.

We add new content to Spotify every day, so if you can’t find something you’re looking for right now, it may appear (or reappear) soon.

We hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need anything else, give us a shout.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Hi,

Weird indeed. Is this for all your playlists and for all songs? So if you create a new playlist you are also not able to add these songs? Or are you not able to add these songs to certain playlists? If so is there something special about these playlists? Are they very long? Do you have access at all? Are you able to add songs to these playlists at all.

Regards,

René

Hi,

I'm a realtively new Spotify user, so only have 2 playlists that I regularly listen to so far, but yes, the same issue occurs for both. If I create a new playlist, I can add those songs because they've never been added there before. But I want to be able to play them on the existing playlists that I'm trying to add them to! Neither playlist is exceptionally long.

My issue is that when trying to add those songs to my playlists, it says they are  already added, even though they don't show on the playlist and therefore never play. Choosing the "add anyway" feature doesn't change anything--they still never appear or play. 

Hi, can you share your playlist? In the menu just select share and then copy, then paste it in this topic. Let me know which songs you like to add.

Regards,

René

Yes I have been having exactly the same problem. There are certain songs that just don’t appear on any playlist even though you’ve added them. Also the previews don’t play. Please fix this Spotify, it’s a really annoying bug.

I have the same problem and when I make a new playlist and add the song that won’t play or show up it dosent play and when I play it on the artist playlist it dosent play the song 

Hey folks,

Thanks for getting in touch with us. This sounds odd and we'll do our best to help you out.

We'd suggest you restart the device. Then you can log out and log back in to the account.

If that doesn't help, you can give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall. That way you can make sure the cache is not causing this issue.

If that doesn't do the trick, it's a good idea to try on a different device. By doing that we can check if it is a device-related issue.

Keep us posted! If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello. 

I have tried the method in the link. Deleted and reinstalled the app. But the problem persists. 

I go to the album and the songs I tried to add are grayed out and can’t be played. I tried adding them to other playlists. The app says they were added but they don’t show up. 

394EC97E-5223-4243-B19B-D1F3BBCE8E69.png

Hi @ZnowSe7en,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

Can you try to like a song from another device to see if the issue persist?

If the issue persist, can you send us s screen recording so that we can have a closer look directly from your end? 

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hello. I tried opening Spotify on a laptop and the 2 songs I repeatedly tried to add can now be seen in the playlist but they’re grayed-out and won’t play. The message "This content is not available" pops up at the bottom (see attached clip, sorry for bad quality). I also tried liking one of the songs. It shows up on the liked songs playlist but still doesn’t play. 

I remember that I initially tried to add these 2 songs from within the playlist I intended to add them to using the "add songs" button which I never used before (I normally open and browse albums and use the "add to playlist" option). So I tried to recreate it by using "add songs" again on other songs but it worked fine.

I can add new songs normally. But these 2 songs aren't working.

Marked as solution

Hi again @ZnowSe7en,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

When this happens and the songs are greyed out, it means that the songs aren't available in your market. We want all the world’s music and podcasts on Spotify, but availability can vary over time and between countries, depending on licensing agreements and the permissions from rights holders.

We add new content to Spotify every day, so if you can’t find something you’re looking for right now, it may appear (or reappear) soon.

We hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need anything else, give us a shout.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

Suggested posts