Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs keep skipping & pausing randomly

Songs keep skipping & pausing randomly

I’m having the same issue listening to the Spotify app on an iPhone 7 Plus. Randomly skips, stutters and pauses when playing on headphones and through Bluetooth speakers. It’s inconsisent and some days it doesn’t skip once, other days it’s chronic. It’s been happening probably for the last 10 days. 

4 Replies

Hi @RachaelAD, welcome to the Spotify Community!

Does this also happen if you try to listen your music from your device's built-in speakers?

In this case, try restarting your device by holding the Sleep/Wake + Volume Down buttons for 10 seconds. Does that help? If the issue persists after that, make sure to reinstall the Spotify app with these steps.

Let us know if that helps.

JulianModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hi there,

I haven’t yet tried to play just from my phones inbuilt speakers but it happens with earphones and Bluetooth speakers.

I have restarted my device and uninstalled and re-downloaded the Spotify app and it is still happening.

Hey again!

In this case, can you please try it again using the inbuilt speakers? Also, let us know if it happens again using a different WiFi network. 

Let us know how it goes 🙂

Hey there, @RachaelAD

We're just checking in to let you know that we've moved your post.

As this is happening on iOS, we think it's a slightly different issue, so we can better help you individually here 🙂

In the meantime, we'd recommend heading to https://www.spotify.com/account/offline-devices/ and clicking 'Remove All'.
This will mean re-downloading your offline tunes, but we think it'll help.

If it happens again, just let us know.

Thanks!
/M

Suggested posts