Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify 1.7.0 crashing on sync

Solved!

Spotify 1.7.0 crashing on sync

Just added some new local files to my starred playlist yesterday, and app was crashing when I tried to sync (about 12 songs?)

Then today the same was happening, reinstalled the app, synced all the spotify tracks fine, then tried to sync the local files (approx 150), it made it until the last 60 before crashing. Since then it syncs a couple at a time, before crashing up until the last ~45, and now it crashes immediately upon opening the app. 

Any ideas/help would be appreciated!

280 Replies

Hey again everyone. Thanks for letting us know if the Region Format workaround has helped you or not. We're glad that some of you are able to use the app again.

If you're still having trouble, we need your help again! Please let us know which of the following applies to you:

A) The app is crashing after you've turned on the Available Offline Only filter in your playlists.

B) The app is crashing after you've synced music offline. You haven't used the filter.

C) The app is crashing more generally. If the app is crashing and you haven't got anything synced, this applies to you.

In any case, please also let us know the model of iPhone you're using and version of iOS.

Thanks for your continued help!

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

I had problems on both my IPad and my 5S.
The app crashed on startup and after deleting it I couldn't reinstall the app.

Tried to erase all data on the iPad and did a iCloud reinstall, this worked perfect and spotify now works on my iPad Air.

Tried the same on the 5S but without success. 😥

Also tried to change settings from Swedish to UK and US neither worked.

Edit: After a second reinstall I have now got the app working.
synked 4GB to my offline library and it works like a charm.

I second this post! This is very fustrating 

Iphone 5s The app just crashes when opened 

Richard's solution is not working for me.  App crashes within a few seconds of trying to open it.  Never makes it to the point where I can sync or do anything with it.  Iphone 5 IOS 8.  If not fixed soon it's back to Rdio for me.  This is absolutely ridiculous!!

For me the closest problem is "B) The app is crashing after you've synced music offline.  You haven't used the filter."  I haven't turned on the available offline only filter but I have only been able to sync some of my music offline (however much was able to sync in about 10 minutes) before the app started crashing.

Change location setting to anything else then United States and problem solved.

iPhone 5S - iOS 8.0

App crashes on splash screen.

Haven't synched offline playlist (can't even open the app...)

EDIT: changing the region worked for me.now spotify works.

iPhone 6 - iOS 8.
Spotty 1.7.1 not working, very frustrating,
Marked as solution

Hey guys!

@SpotifyCares on Twitter has suggested a work around that might solve the problem: 

"If Spotify is crashing at startup on iOS 8, try changing your phone's SettingsLanguage & Region to another country, then change back."

https://twitter.com/SpotifyCares/status/513045543720079360

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Changing the region works for me! iOS8 on iPhone 5

I just upgraded to the iPhone 6 and the app still crashes. I'm getting really tired of this. It's really frustrating when you pay for a service that's COMPLETELY broken. FIX IT!

@Shepherdbook Hi, try changing your Phone Language: "Settings > Language & Region to another country, then change back".

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

I did, there was no change. Keeps crashing on the splash screen. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no luck. I'm seriously giving Spotify the benefit of the doubt right now because they're such a wonderful service, but if this persists I'm going to have to leave this service. If I leave on this note I can guarantee I won't be recommending this service to anyone.

It is DEFINITLY an issue with using the "filter by Offline" option

1) Uninstalled Reinstalled app -- Works fine

2) I manually closed the app

3) Downloaded music
4) Manually closed again, reopened -- Successful

5) Turned on "filter by Offline"
6) Manually closed again and tried to reopen -- fails on Spotify splash screen

The app will continue to work fine with "filter by offline" until it is closed (I had it working all afternoon but after my 8 hour shift, it wasn't).

FYI:
iPhone 6, latest version on the iTunes store as of this posting.

Also the region change did not work for me.

I wish I could do that @captainmauzer but I can't even access the app to sign in.
Marked as solution

This fix actually worked! After updating to the new iOS 8 my spotify app ceased to load. It would open to the black screen with green logo and crash about 10 seconds later. Switching the region temporarily to the UK has solved this problem

Just signing in here to report the same behavior - the app crashes before it even opens. Happened subsequent to my filtering by saved playlists. Region change did not work. Had to uninstall and install again and all seems to be fine now.

Region work around does not work for me I'm afraid, app opens for about a minute then crashes whilst trying to sync as before.  

I've got it into offline mood as per the other suggestion and it seems to be preventing the error but I can't play anything because I havent really got anything synced so not much of a fix from my point of view (note I'm using a touch so I have to sync music due to no mobile connection).

As soon I go back into online mood the app starts syncing again & it crashes after about a minute once again.

Spotify people I'd be happy for your devs to access my account logs so you can find the crash exception 😛

iPhone 4S, iOS 8, Spotify 1.7.0

I tried

- change language

- General - Accessibility - Zoom OFF 

- General - Accessibility - Grayscale ON

- General - Accessibility - Larger text OFF

Spotify is OK!!

Suggested posts