Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Beta for Apple Watch freezes

Spotify Beta for Apple Watch freezes

Premium Plan

Device

(iPhone 11, Apple Watch S3)

I don't recall opting in to the beta for the apple watch spotify app but I ended up having it on my watch somehow.  Is there any way to opt out of it?  I've tried uninstalling the beta app from my watch and installing the older app via iOS > Watch and when I click the install button nothing happens.

I tried using the beta app for a few runs but it will stop being responsive to touch and the audio will just randomly stop.  

When I route audio on my phone instead of my watch the watch will always take over as the audio source after a song or two.  

I really apologize if I'm doing something wrong, but it worked fine for years and I wish I could go back.

3 Replies

Hey @124889075, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

To confirm, the whole app is the Beta version, or is it a feature in the public release app that's a beta feature?

Also, what iPhone model is this connected to and the Apple Watch model? 

Keep me posted!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I'm sure I've worded it wrong.  This is a photo of what it looks like on the Spotify for Apple Watch app.  

I can't find a release number or anything to identify what version of Spotify this is, but I installed it through the App Store on the watch itself.  Was that wrong?

iPhone 11, Apple Watch S3.

Image from iOS.jpg

Hey @124889075

Thanks for letting me know. Yep, that's a feature within the Spotify app on Apple Watch. There isn't a way to install older versions of the Spotify app on any device. 

Also, thanks for the feedback. Since this feature is still in the beta version, there may be some unexpected behavior but with feedback like yours, Spotify is still improving this feature until it doesn't become a beta anymore. Just make sure that the app stays up to date. You can try reinstalling the app just to see if that makes a difference. 

Hope this helps! Let me know if I can help with anything else 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts