Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect issues

Solved!

Spotify Connect issues

Hi all I'm having issues with the Spotify Connect, I have a Spotify Premium account and I have 3 devices linked to the 1 account, my iPhone 5s, my son's iPhone 5 and my other son's iPad Mini there's is also 3 different playlists with each device syncing there own playlist.

I use mine mainly while I'm in the car and bluetooth it to the cars stereo wile the other 2 devices are used mainly for personal use using headphones.

My problem is that if I'm playing a track from my playlist while I'm out and about and not connected to any WiFi networks and then my son uses his iPad to play a track from his playlist then it will change my track to whatever he is playing, even when i touch the Spotify Connect icon by the volume button and change the playback devise back to my phone and then start my track again it will change back to what the iPad is playing.

In short the 3 iOS 7 devises can't play there own tracks at the same time and it seams to default to the iPad like it's the main devise

Is there anyway of disabling the Spotify Connect function without having to put all 3 devices in to ofline mode?

thanks 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Oh the complications of skirting around the fact that spotify is licensed for your own personal use........You can only listen on one device at a time so, before connect, didn't you have the issue that if you were listening to music and your son started playing something, your device would pause?

The way around that issue would have been for your son to use his device in offline mode only and the same should solve the connect issue.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hi thanks for your reply and yes I have the "Spotify has been paused because your account is being used elsewhere" message but all I had to do was press play again and it would continue and we would both be listening to our own playlists at the same time.

I guess I'll have to make sure my kids devices are in offline mode all the time (tough luck kids) well it is my account after all.

Thanks Joe,

David

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Oh the complications of skirting around the fact that spotify is licensed for your own personal use........You can only listen on one device at a time so, before connect, didn't you have the issue that if you were listening to music and your son started playing something, your device would pause?

The way around that issue would have been for your son to use his device in offline mode only and the same should solve the connect issue.

Marked as solution

Hi thanks for your reply and yes I have the "Spotify has been paused because your account is being used elsewhere" message but all I had to do was press play again and it would continue and we would both be listening to our own playlists at the same time.

I guess I'll have to make sure my kids devices are in offline mode all the time (tough luck kids) well it is my account after all.

Thanks Joe,

David

No worries 🙂

Spotify Connect  Desktop not working anymore for me on my receiver Pioneer VSX 830, even after clean reinstall. Help please ? 

Suggested posts