Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect not working with last update on iOS and Yamaha

Spotify Connect not working with last update on iOS and Yamaha

Plan

Premium

Country

DEU

Device

iPhone 6s

Operating System

iOS 12.4

My Question or Issue

After last Spotify-App update, the Yamaha Spotify Connect Speakers are not available for playing Music on iOS. 

The Speakers are shown on another iPhone with the Spotify Version before the last update. 

8 Replies

I have same problem, but maybe it is iOS 12.4 problem. I have same version of app installed on iPad with iOS 12.3.1 and everything works greate.

Somehow it’s working again on my iPhone with the latest update. I haven’t changed anything since this morning.

The app recognises the speakers an is able to play. 

IPad is also working, still the App Version before the update. 

I just updated my iPhone to iOS 12.4 and Onkyo's TX-NR717 is no longer appearing on Spotify Connect. 

Is it a bug or is Spotify no longer supporting the referred receiver?

Despite my doubt about the proposed way of troubleshooting, I performed the steps described (https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/bd-p/spotifyiOS).

After that, my Spotify Connect devices were available again.

Unfortunatly, the Spotify connect devices were gone today...

@Dick_J  schreef:

Despite my doubt about the proposed way of troubleshooting, I performed the steps described (https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/bd-p/spotifyiOS).

After that, my Spotify Connect devices were available again.

I had the same issue. In my network, I have a Google Home and an Marantz amplifier and a Denon Home 150 speaker. All devices show up on an Android phone and from the web player (linux, chrome). However on an iPhone, only the Google Home and the amplifier appear.

Investigation of the network traffic shows the MDNS protocol query and response messages between the android and iphones are identical. Both the amplifier and speaker responded to the queries from both platforms.

The network wifi is split into two networks. A legacy "2.4G" network and a "5G" network. Devices from these two networks can see each other. However I did notice that the Denon speaker had attached to the 2.4G network while others were in the 5G network. Fiddling around with the network configuration, I was able to move the speaker to the 5G network (by disabling the 2.4G and reconnecting the speaker) and everything started working!

So: if you have this issue, check that all devices are in the same wifi. Not just a network provided by the same wifi box, but on the same network.

I'm posting this here so that other people with the same issue might find this helpful. But more importantly: this is something for the Spotify developers to look at. I'm available to provide more information about this if necessary.

The wifi router is a Sagemcom FAST3686, hw version 1.0, sw version  DNA_3.443.0-T1-MAC14. The iphone is an XR (iOS 13.3.1) and the android phone is a Pixel 4 XL (android 10, March 5 2020 security patch)

Well.. A quick update: after an hour or so, the Denon speaker again vanished from the iphone spotify connect options. After uninstalling and reinstalling the app, the speaker appeared again. I'll keep you guys posted if something changes.

I have the same issue with 2.4G, 5G and wired interfaces to my home network. Since it is all the same network it SHOULD just work. Has anyone tried raising this with Spotify support?

Most wifi routers these days offer both 2.4G and 5G, so this must be a pretty common issue...

Suggested posts