Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Superuser Contribution Play list going into auto play

Plan PremiumCountryUSA DeviceiPhone 8Operating SystemiOS 13.3 My Question or IssueThis issue started a few weeks back. Anytime I choose a playlist, it'll play just one song off the play list then into auto play. Auto play is not selected in options. ...

• Visitor
  • Plan  Premium Country USA   Device iPhone 8 Operating System iOS 13.3   My Question or Issue This issue started a few weeks back.  Anytime I choose a playlist, it'll pl...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Play a playlist in reverse order? Hear me out

I already know that you can play a playlist in reverse order, but this seems to be a setting on the device and not synced to your online account.It will be good if I set the playlist in reverse it will play it like that until I go in and set it back....

• I already know that you can play a playlist in reverse order, but this seems to be a setting on the device and not synced to your online account. It will be good if I set the playlist in reverse it ...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Some parts of the app for mac are in English - Even though I have set it to Swedish (computer too)

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDeviceMacBook Pro 2018Operating SystemMacOS Catalina Some parts of the app for mac are in English - Even though I have set it to Swedish (computer too). See image

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Sweden Device MacBook Pro 2018 Operating System MacOS Catalina   Some parts of the app for mac are in English - Even though I have set it to Swedish (computer too)....
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Album Art is Showing Next to Songs (IOS)

.PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesiPhone 11Operating SysteMIos My Question or IssueI woke up and looked at my Spotify and now every song on every playlist has the album next to. I didn't update Spotify or anything but I slept next to it while it was tu...

• Casual Listener
  • . Plan Premium Country United States iPhone 11 Operating SysteM Ios   My Question or Issue I woke up and looked at my Spotify and now every song on every playlist has the album next to...
  • coleseagroves
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify app keeps playing after picking up a phone call

DeviceiPhone XOperating SystemiOS 13.3.1App Version 8.5.46.588 My Question or IssueWhen playing music on Spotify, if I receive a phone call, the music stops, but after picking up, the music will continue playing. There have been other posts about thi...

• Casual Listener
  • Device iPhone X Operating System iOS 13.3.1 App Version 8.5.46.588   My Question or Issue When playing music on Spotify, if I receive a phone call, the music stops, but after picking up, ...
  • creamcheesey
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I’m having to download my offline playlists everyday. Any ideas as to why?

PlanPremiumCountryUKDevice(iPhone 8Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueI’m having to download my offline playlists everyday. Any ideas why?

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device (iPhone 8 Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue I’m having to download my offline playlists everyday. An...
  • Hanna16
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Song playlist number metadata not displaying properly

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceIphone 11 ProOperating SystemiOS 13.1.3 Starting about a month ago (I haven't posted until now because I was sure others would notice and there would be a bug fix in an update at some point), I started noticing that the met...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Iphone 11 Pro Operating System iOS 13.1.3   Starting about a month ago (I haven't posted until now because I was sure others would notice and there would...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

WIndows 10 app not finding devices

PlanStudentCountryUKApp version1.1.26.501.gbe11e53b (Microsoft Store version) My Question or IssueUntil recently all was fine. Then suddenly Spotify seems to randomly choose whether or not to show my usual three devices (Sonos, Samsung S7, Tesla Mode...

• Plan Student Country UK App version 1.1.26.501.gbe11e53b (Microsoft Store version)   My Question or Issue Until recently all was fine. Then suddenly Spotify seems to randomly choose whet...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlist number not showing

PlanPremiumCountryAustralua Device(iPhone XR)Operating System(iOS 13.3) My Question or IssueI have my Spotify playlist created for my car, it used to show me what number song the song is in the playlist and how many songs are in the playlist, this me...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country Australua  Device (iPhone XR) Operating System (iOS 13.3)   My Question or Issue I have my Spotify playlist created for my car, it used to show me wha...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution spelling mistake in the german version / "Künstle*innen"

The "Search" field does not contain "artist" (Künstler) but "Künstle*innen". The word does not exist, isn't readable and looks silly and at first glance robs the app of the impression of professionalism. Also in german, we only use apostrophe (but in...

• Casual Listener
  • The "Search" field does not contain "artist" (Künstler) but "Künstle*innen". The word does not exist, isn't readable and looks silly and at first glance robs the app of the impression of professional...
  • nicodemus1986
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution My phone will randomly switch songs without me touching it

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceIphone XrOperating SystemiOS 13.3.1 My Question or IssueI can barely use spotify cause it wont stop switching through random songs that arnt even on my playlist

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Device Iphone Xr Operating System iOS 13.3.1   My Question or Issue I can barely use spotify cause it wont stop switching through random songs that arnt eve...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution can't listen to a specific artist for more than 20 minutes

I am on a free plan, iPhone XR, on ios 13.3.1 and on the spotify version 8.4.45 at the time of posting. For about a week everytime i decide to listen to a specific artist the songs continue crashing. I'll be listening to an album of theirs and after ...

• Casual Listener
  • I am on a free plan, iPhone XR, on ios 13.3.1 and on the spotify version 8.4.45 at the time of posting. For about a week everytime i decide to listen to a specific artist the songs continue crashing....
  • alumiiiniiium
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I have an Iphone and my music on spotify keeps skipping.

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceiPhone 8 My Question or IssueMy songs keep skipping and changing. This is extremely annoying. I need my music

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country   Device iPhone 8     My Question or Issue My songs keep skipping and changing. This is extremely annoying. I need my music
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't enable explicit content (iphone app)

I'm in the USA, using the iPhone app, iOS 10, and have a premium account. I downloaded an album, tried to play it, got a pop up telling me to set my settings to allow it to play. So I go to the settings, turn the filter "off" (e.g. set it to green), ...

• Visitor
  • I'm in the USA, using the iPhone app, iOS 10, and have a premium account. I downloaded an album, tried to play it, got a pop up telling me to set my settings to allow it to play. So I go to the setti...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution DOWNLOAD_ZIP: Young Nudy - ANYWAYS [ALBUM] MP3

This post was removed for violating the Community Terms and Conditions, specifically "Avoid promoting unauthorized links to music on channels other than Spotify". For more information please read here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Music-Chat/Must...

• Spotify Legend
  • This post was removed for violating the Community Terms and Conditions, specifically "Avoid promoting unauthorized links to music on channels other than Spotify". For more information please read her...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Rearranging songs in queue on iPhone causes the app to wig out

Plan: PremiumCountry: USDevice: iPhone 8OS: iOS 13.3.1 (problem has persisted through many updates of both OS and app) When there are songs in the Queue (rather than Up Next), the last song in the list just disappears and is replaced by a blank space...

Screen Shot 2020-02-19 at 1.03.07 PM.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan: Premium Country: US Device: iPhone 8 OS: iOS 13.3.1 (problem has persisted through many updates of both OS and app)   When there are songs in the Queue (rather than Up Next), the last...
  • magnoIias
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • queue
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [iOS] [Playlist] Order Playlist thru iOS Mobile App

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceiPodOperating SystemiOS 10 My Question or IssuePlease add the ability to order my playlists thru the iOS mobile app. I can order the playlists on my desktop and then sync mobile to that Ofer, but I’d like to have that work i...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country US Device iPod Operating System iOS 10   My Question or Issue Please add the ability to order my playlists thru the iOS mobile app. I can order the playlists on my...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Album cover

I have premium and something changed and now the shuffle play button doesn't work it only pauses and plays. Also it forces the album covers to be next to song names and the bar below if there is a way to change that I would love to know.

• Visitor
  • I have premium and something changed and now the shuffle play button doesn't work it only pauses and plays. Also it forces the album covers to be next to song names and the bar below if there is a wa...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [iOS] Spotify for Artists, register as a podcaster

So is there any way to register to spotify for artists as a Podcaster? Or is there an extra ios app for Podcasters? Or is the only way to manage to visit podcasters.spotify.com? Cheers

• Visitor
  • So is there any way to register to spotify for artists as a Podcaster? Or is there an extra ios app for Podcasters? Or is the only way to manage to visit podcasters.spotify.com?   Cheers
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes