Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Superuser Contribution Reinstalled app and won't download or connect when on wifi

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceiPhone 7Operating SystemiOS 13.4 My Question or IssueMy downloaded songs were not playing unless I was connected to wifi. So I deleted the app, updated the system hardwear, reinstalled the app now it will not load any of...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Device iPhone 7 Operating System iOS 13.4   My Question or Issue My downloaded songs were not playing unless I was connected to wifi. So I deleted the app, ...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Why do my downloaded songs refuse to load when I'm not connected to the internet?

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceiPhone XROperating SystemiOS 13.3.1 Every time I try to listen to songs where I don't have access to WiFi, my downloaded songs won't load. I just see the three loading dots on the screen and nothing happens. On the pictu...

• Plan Premium Country Canada Device iPhone XR Operating System iOS 13.3.1   Every time I try to listen to songs where I don't have access to WiFi, my downloaded songs&nbsp...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution How to transfer downloaded playlists between accounts?

Hello everyone,So here is the problem: I just decided to change my account that had lots of playlists in it to another new account. Most of the playlists were downloaded and i checked the storage and it was there so I thought that when I create the n...

• Hello everyone, So here is the problem: I just decided to change my account that had lots of playlists in it to another new account. Most of the playlists were downloaded and i checked the storage a...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlist duplicated song without warning bug

My Question or IssueIf you already have a song in one your playlists, and hit the “add songs” button, and add an already existing song to your playlist, it will continue without giving you a warningNote: it only worked with me if I added songs from “...

• Casual Listener
  • My Question or Issue If you already have a song in one your playlists, and hit the “add songs” button, and add an already existing song to your playlist, it will continue without giving you a warnin...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution In app sound

after every song the app keep saying “lets keep it going with similar songs m” how do i turn it off

• Visitor
  • after every song the app keep saying “lets keep it going with similar songs m” how do i turn it off
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs past alone

I have Spotify premium, my phone is iPhone 11 Pro Max . I have a question. When I play song from one of my playlists instead of moving to the next song in the playlist it’s moves to a random song that is not in my playlist. What can I do for this to ...

• Visitor
  • I have Spotify premium, my phone is iPhone 11 Pro Max . I have a question. When I play song from one of my playlists instead of moving to the next song in the playlist it’s moves to a random song tha...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Dragging items in queue is buggy

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDeviceiPhone 11 ProOperating SystemiOS 13.1.1 My Question or IssueWith the lastest update (downloaded today), reordering items in the queue is very difficult. To reproduce: Play a song/playlist/etc.Open the queueScroll the ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Australia Device iPhone 11 Pro Operating System iOS 13.1.1   My Question or Issue With the lastest update (downloaded today), reordering items in the queue is very...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 15 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 8 likes

Solved!! Transfer song created in Logic Pro X from Apple Music Playlist to Spotify Playlist.

My Question or Issue I created a track in Logic Pro X. It appears in the Apple Music Playlist, but It doesn't sync to the Playlist in Spotify. Please assist. Thanks

• Casual Listener
  •     My Question or Issue   I created a track in Logic Pro X. It appears in the Apple Music Playlist, but It doesn't sync to the Playlist in Spotify. Please assist. Thanks   ...
  • BellaGorden
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Autoplay problem - annoying Spotify voice notification

I’m using Spotify premium for iOS. When autoplay is enabled, if I search for a song and then play it, after the song is finished there is an annoying Robot voice that says “the song’s done, next up, more songs like it” or similar before playing the n...

• Casual Listener
  • I’m using Spotify premium for iOS. When autoplay is enabled, if I search for a song and then play it, after the song is finished there is an annoying Robot voice that says “the song’s done, next up, ...
  • MiaG23
  • Visitor
  • 9 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 7 likes

The last update

I have a problem on the last update of SpotifyBefore the update ver 8.5.49, when I turn on the shuffle it will just shuffle what's in the playlist but this update even if I choose the playlist it will change to another song in another playlist, also ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a problem on the last update of Spotify Before the update ver 8.5.49, when I turn on the shuffle it will just shuffle what's in the playlist but this update even if I choose the playlist it w...
  • Seedi1
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Social & Random
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Music stops after 30-40 seconds

preNone of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.PlanPremium DuoDenmark iPhone XSOperating System(iOS 10 My Question or Issusthe music stops after 30-40 seconds also the songs I ...

• Casual Listener
  • preNone of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help. Plan Premium Duo Denmark   iPhone XS Operating System (iOS 10 &n...
  • Mvest71
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Black screen on search results

PlanPremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) black screen is all that shows after typing in a search. No results just black screen.

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8 Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   black screen is all that shows after typing in a search. No results just bla...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Podcast position not remembered in app

PlanPremiumUSA DeviceiPhone 11Operating SystemiOS 13 For the last month or two, when I start playing a podcast, stop, and restart again at a later time, the position playback starts in is not where I stopped listening. The position in playback is abo...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium USA   Device iPhone 11 Operating System iOS 13   For the last month or two, when I start playing a podcast, stop, and restart again at a later time, the position playb...
  • Rogdooley
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Artist page black

artists Page won’t load, just is black. I tried deleting the app restarting phone and redownload Spotify but still when I search for an artist their page is black.

• Casual Listener
  • artists Page won’t load, just is black. I tried deleting the app restarting phone and redownload Spotify but still when I search for an artist their page is black. 
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 7 likes

Player Glitch in Slide Over View

My Question or IssueThe top left and right corner of the player in Slide Over view is not aligned with the app border, black area appeared. The bottom controls of the player is also out of the border. PlanPremiumDeviceApple iPad Pro 11”Operating Syst...

D99939D9-BC9C-4259-97C3-EA5788BE3592.jpeg 96C63FC8-4559-4525-99C0-B42B13562998.jpeg
  • My Question or Issue The top left and right corner of the player in Slide Over view is not aligned with the app border, black area appeared. The bottom controls of the player is also out of the bord...
  • pio90
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

"Spotify: music and playlists" is not compatible with this iPad

PlanPremiumCountryArgentinaDeviceiPad miniOperating SystemiOS 9.3.5 My Question or IssueOk, I fully understand that my iPad device is a bit old. IOS cannot be updated. But I need help to know any alternative to download the application and be able to...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Argentina Device iPad mini Operating System iOS 9.3.5   My Question or Issue Ok, I fully understand that my iPad device is a bit old. IOS cannot be updated. But I ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Chromecast disconnects randomly

PlanPremiumCountryNetherlands DeviceiPhone XR, tried with other phones, same issue Operating SystemiOS 13.3.1 My Question or IssueWhenever I connect my iPhone to my chromecast through Spotify and play music, it randomly disconnects. This was not alwa...

• Plan Premium Country Netherlands   Device iPhone XR, tried with other phones, same issue   Operating System iOS 13.3.1   My Question or Issue Whenever I connect my iPhone t...
  • matzejo
  • Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Disconnect
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

After playing a song it just reverts back to my most listen to songs/main playlist

PlanPremiumCountryunited statesDevice(iPhone 6s and my newly built pc )Operating System(iOS 12.1.4/Windows 10) My Question or IssueI cant seem to figure out why i can search or play any song, and instead of spotify staying with that playist or song l...

• Plan Premium Country united states Device (iPhone 6s and my newly built pc ) Operating System (iOS 12.1.4/Windows 10)   My Question or Issue I cant seem to figure out why i can search ...
  • whistletoes
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

New layout (home & artist page) not showing

Despite many many logout, clean app install, reboots, apps update, nor my home page or artists page are showing the new layouts ;-( Any suggestion?iOS 13.4 iPhone 11 Pro Spotify 8.5.50.910

• Visitor
  • Despite many many logout, clean app install, reboots, apps update, nor my home page or artists page are showing the new layouts ;-(   Any suggestion? iOS 13.4  iPhone 11 Pro  Sp...
  • TobyReese
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

New user interface not "locked"

Premium user. iOS 13.3. iPhone 11 Pro. So, Spotify recently updated the user interface, via a server update as far as my lack of knowledge can tell. When I sign in to my wife's Spotify, from my phone, she has the new interface. When I sign back into ...

• Visitor
  • Premium user. iOS 13.3. iPhone 11 Pro.    So, Spotify recently updated the user interface, via a server update as far as my lack of knowledge can tell. When I sign in to my wife's Spotify...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes