Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Glitch

Spotify Glitch

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Operating System

iOS 15.5

My Issue

There's like a glitch where it makes the search bar immediately pop out when I open a playlist it's getting very annoying.

(I hope the image is clear enough)

017548AE-9F55-4040-86C2-034D717A379F.png

9 Replies

Hey @flwrminnn,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

This type of case is usually related to some damaged cache stored on your device. We'd first recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app. This is often an overlooked step, but it can be helpful getting rid of any corrupted files that might be causing issues. 

If the issue persists, would you mind checking on a different device? This will give us a better look at the issue. 

Also, it would be great if you could have someone log in with their account on your device - such as a friend or a family member, to see if the issue persists. This will help us understand if it could be account related or not.

Lastly, to keep investigating; in case the issue is still persistent, include in your next response the Spotify version you're currently running.

We'll be on the lookout. 

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I did a clean reinstall on my device and the issue is still occurring. I also tried going on to two different devices; one being an android device and the other being an apple device. 

The issue occurred on the other apple device as well, but the issue didn't even show up on the android device so i'm sure this is a bug that's strictly on apple devices.

Hey there @flwrminnn,

Thanks for the reply.

Could you let us know the current version of your Spotify app on your iPhone?

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I'm using version 8.7.42.1716

Hey @flwrminnn,

Thanks for the reply.

Could you also check if this issue is present with a different account on the iPhone?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator

I just checked on a different account (on the iphone) and the issue still prevails 

Hey @flwrminnn,

Thanks for the reply.

The search bar showing on a playlist by opening the playlist is supposed to be like that.

The search bar won't show up on the Liked Songs collection.

But as we continuously strive to improve the user experience on our platform, we hope to see a functionality, that allows the hiding of the search bar by default implemented some day.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

But we 

DianModerator

Okay maybe i should've went into more detail. But, I mean the search bar is open as soon as I click the playlist and it hasn't done that before. the search bar only shows when i pull down the screen (like its always been) 

Hey @flwrminnn

Thanks for getting back to us. 

As @Dian mentioned, this is currently the expected behavior. We appreciate your feedback on the matter, and rest assured, we'll pass it on to the right team.

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts