Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Issues

Spotify Issues

Hello, I'm having several issues with Spotify, and was wondering if anyone is experiencing the same thing and could help me out? Please read below.

1. On the bottom of my "home" screen, it says "Spotify is currently set to offline". I've tried configuring my settings, logging off, and logging back on, along with deleting the app, and reinstalling it. But it still says the same thing.

2.My Playlist in my "Your Library" keep disappearing. Sometimes, I'm able to retrieve it on my "Home" page, and sometimes I'm unable to. Is there a fix for this; is this a well-known issue?

3. Sometimes a song from my playlist will play, and then it automactically switches to another song/artist that not in my library. How can I do I fix this?

4. My account seems to automactically follow and play other artists without my consent and/or knowledge. How do I fix this?

5. I'm subscribed as a premium member, but can't play any of my songs offline. Can someone help?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. At this point, I don't know what to do. Is my account somehow hacked? Should I cancel my membership, and signup under a new account? And if I do, won't I lose all of my songs/albums from my current account?

5 Replies

Hi @Spaceboy_79,

The first two actions I recommend: 

- Click here and then SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE

- Check if there is a Firewall blocking your Spotify access.

Let me know if any of this helps.

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Bittencourt,

Thanks for your response. Is this a common ocurrence with Spotify? Did you think my account has somehow been compromised? Should I changed my logon information as well?

It's not a common occurrence, but it happens sometimes. Have you done what I suggested? Let's decide the next steps depending on how your system responds to the actions.
BittencourtSpotify Star

Bittencourt,

It seemed to resolve the issue for a couple of days, but it recently occurred again. Meaning, I'll be playing a song from my list, and another song/artist from someone else's device starts playing. My screen will have an iPhone icon pop up with under someone else name, and the only options are "Continue" or "Listen on this iPhone". Have you seen this before? It's so annoying and frustrating. Surely Spotify is aware if this as I've read other people are experiencing the same thing. Thoughts?

Well, maybe someone else knows your password... You'd better reset it and check if it solves the issue for good.

Let me know, ok?

BittencourtSpotify Star

Suggested posts