Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Offline Music iOS

Can I play my local music from itunes in my offline playlist at spotify?

• Can I play my local music from itunes in my offline playlist at spotify?
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloading songs.

I've had Spotify for over a year now and its been the best music app I've ever used. Although just today I got an iTunes gift card so I can use the premium. Then I did so and I went to redownload all 3000 of my songs on there and they won't download....

• Casual Listener
  • I've had Spotify for over a year now and its been the best music app I've ever used. Although just today I got an iTunes gift card so I can use the premium. Then I did so and I went to redownload all...
  • Transit
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Any way to manually ON BMW ConnectedDrive

Using Spotify Premium on iphone 5 with ios9.3Spotfy version is the latest. When connected to my car via USB, the screen that displays both the BMW and Spotify Logo does not come on automatically. . Hence, I am unable to control Spotify using my car I...

• Using Spotify Premium on iphone 5 with ios9.3 Spotfy version is the latest.   When connected to my car via USB, the screen that displays both the BMW and Spotify Logo does not come on automat...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Tramsfer music from old account to new one

Hi, i have deleted my facebook and want to transfer my music from my facebook account to my new email only account. How can i do this?Thanks!

• Hi, i have deleted my facebook and want to transfer my music from my facebook account to my new email only account. How can i do this? Thanks!
  • Jayb72
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot login IOS9

I've been having issues logging into Spotify. I enter my credentials then after about 10 seconds Spotify closes. If i enter incorrect password, it detects the wrong password. So there is communication to the servers.I know I will be told to uninstall...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been having issues logging into Spotify. I enter my credentials then after about 10 seconds Spotify closes. If i enter incorrect password, it detects the wrong password. So there is communicatio...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to login

Hi, I'm new to Spotify and am having problems logging in. I get the message 'login failed. You've already created an account with this email address' and I get an email telling me that the access to the account has been attempted. The password is cor...

• Hi, I'm new to Spotify and am having problems logging in. I get the message 'login failed. You've already created an account with this email address' and I get an email telling me that the access to ...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Partify / Spotify Party Mode

Heyho,If I begin the party and the song changes, there is no Crossfade or similar.The song simply changes, as if no party ran. How can I fix this issue?

• Casual Listener
  • Heyho, If I begin the party and the song changes, there is no Crossfade or similar. The song simply changes, as if no party ran.   How can I fix this issue?    
  • pfi444
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

IPad interface:why so different from pc or iPhone?

I can't really say I'm impressed with the iPad version of Sopitify. Sure it's pretty and flashy and it's got bells and whistles but its not very intuitive and forces the user to change ways of using it depending on the platform you're on. On the pc t...

• Casual Listener
  • I can't really say I'm impressed with the iPad version of Sopitify. Sure it's pretty and flashy and it's got bells and whistles but its not very intuitive and forces the user to change ways of using ...
  • daytonadesign99
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Landscape Mode

It's been months since the iPhone 5 was released, featuring the headphone jack at the bottom. I know that many of my friends and I have to set our phones on the side during events such as cardio at the gym, etc.When will you add a landscape feature t...

• Casual Listener
  • It's been months since the iPhone 5 was released, featuring the headphone jack at the bottom. I know that many of my friends and I have to set our phones on the side during events such as cardio at t...
  • daytonadesign99
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes
  • iOS
    landscape
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes

App looks different and can't find how to play offline

We have a family account. My daughter downloaded the app which looks different to the one I have (maybe a region thing) but she is signed in to the family account on her itouch but as the app looks different we can't find the play offline feature? Th...

• We have a family account. My daughter downloaded the app which looks different to the one I have (maybe a region thing) but she is signed in to the family account on her itouch but as the app looks d...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Music not playing on iPod

I was looking for the balto soundtrack on Spotify. I found it on the website and when I tried to find it on the app it wasn't there nor was it playing the music. What should I do? I really want to listen to it due to the fact that the composer is the...

• Casual Listener
  • I was looking for the balto soundtrack on Spotify. I found it on the website and when I tried to find it on the app it wasn't there nor was it playing the music. What should I do? I really want to li...
  • Hotblack
  • Gig Goer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files are syncing to iPod Touch, but not iPhone

I have both a new iPod Touch running 9.3, and iPhone 6 running 9.3. I have 14 songs in my local files on my desktop running version 1.0.25.127.g58007b4c. However, my local songs are only syncing to my iPod Touch, not by iPhone. Everything is coming t...

• Casual Listener
  • I have both a new iPod Touch running 9.3, and iPhone 6 running 9.3. I have 14 songs in my local files on my desktop running version 1.0.25.127.g58007b4c.   However, my local songs are onl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Not saving to play offline

Hi folks. Bit of help if you can. I'm unable to save certain songs/albums to play in offline mode on my iPhone 6s. I've over 80gb of space and I'm using wifi. It may download partial songs but not the full album with the rest marked 'waiting to downl...

• Hi folks. Bit of help if you can. I'm unable to save certain songs/albums to play in offline mode on my iPhone 6s. I've over 80gb of space and I'm using wifi. It may download partial songs but not th...
  • Swanny
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

iPod Touch (6th generation) won't show up on laptop spotify (is my app version too old?)

I'm trying to connect my iPod Touch spotify app to the app on my laptop. When I play music on my Android phone or iPad, the "now playing" shows up on my laptop with no trouble at all. However, my iPod won't seem to show up for anything. I've tried re...

• Regular
  • I'm trying to connect my iPod Touch spotify app to the app on my laptop.  When I play music on my Android phone or iPad, the "now playing" shows up on my laptop with no trouble at all.  How...
  • theanniemarie
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • device connection
    devices
    iOS
    ipod
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Word Genre Removed

My Word genre under Browse has been removed from my app. I used to have this feature and listened to quite a bit of books and other things through there. I have read two other posts I found regarding the Word feature roll-outs and server-based update...

• My Word genre under Browse has been removed from my app. I used to have this feature and listened to quite a bit of books and other things through there.   I have read two other posts I found ...
  • willray411
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to login on iPhone 6 app

I installed the app yesterday and I'm unable to login. I reset my password thinking maybe I was having a blonde moment on what it was. I've tried logging in with my username and email.... no luck. I can login on my pc and other mobile devices with th...

• I installed the app yesterday and I'm unable to login.  I reset my password thinking maybe I was having a blonde moment on what it was.  I've tried logging in with my username and email.......
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Logging in error message

can't log in because I'm getting a message that says "you have already created an account with this email address"

• can't log in because I'm getting a message that says "you have already created an account with this email address"
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Poor streaming quality through iPhone 6 to Bluetooth

Hi all- Just recently, when streaming playlists from my iphone 6 via bluetooth through my car sound, the quality has been absolutely terrible. To be specific, it's very, very quiet and has no depth of sound. In order to hear anything, I have to turn ...

• Hi all-   Just recently, when streaming playlists from my iphone 6 via bluetooth through my car sound, the quality has been absolutely terrible. To be specific, it's very, very quiet and has n...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify connect not present to connect to stereo

I am trying to use spotify connect to play music via my iphone on my new yamaha stereo system which has spotify in built in the cdn301 cd player unit. My iphone is a 4S running iOS 8.4.1 and the latest version of spotify app from March 2016 (5.1.0.10...

• Casual Listener
  • I am trying to use spotify connect to play music via my iphone on my new yamaha stereo system which has spotify in built in the cdn301 cd player unit.   My iphone is a 4S running iOS 8.4.1 and...
  • mah2059
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

offline sync

I know there are a lot of posts regarding the subject but I have been unable to find any real answer and often the scenario is slightly different than mine. I have no problem syncing songs to offline mode except for the local files i.e the songs that...

• I know there are a lot of posts regarding the subject but I have been unable to find any real answer and often the scenario is slightly different than mine. I have no problem syncing songs to offline...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes