Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Not playing songs in order (premium and not on shuffle)

Hye guys, long time lurker first time questioner.I have spotify on my iPhone 6 64 gig running iOS 8.4 and spotify version 3.6.0.923. In the last few days I've noticed that spotify doesn't always play albums that are in 'Your music' inthe correct orde...

• Regular
  • Hye guys, long time lurker first time questioner. I have spotify on my iPhone 6 64 gig running iOS 8.4 and spotify version 3.6.0.923.   In the last few days I've noticed that spotify doesn't ...
  • calwalker1
  • Regular
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Older spotify version

Hey there, I want to install spotify in my iPod Touch 3 in order to save my cellphone battery while listening music in the car.Yet i find no older versions of spotify compatible with my ipod .. How can i have one? I understand all of the security imp...

• Hey there,   I want to install spotify in my iPod Touch 3 in order to save my cellphone battery while listening music in the car. Yet i find no older versions of spotify compatible with my ip...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Sound Distorted

Hey everyone. I'm having an issue where music is distorted in Spotify. It seems like it's being boosted somehow. Whatever the case, it is independent of which headphones I use and it is unique to Spotify. I'm about ready to try reinstalling but I don...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey everyone.   I'm having an issue where music is distorted in Spotify. It seems like it's being boosted somehow. Whatever the case, it is independent of which headphones I use and it is un...
  • ashleygaunt
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

An Error Occurred, Try Again when searching

I am getting the message "An Error Occurred, Try Again" when trying to search. All other features seem to be working, as far as I can tell. iPhone 6siOS 9.31Spotify 5.5.0 Tried- Quitting spotify from task switcher- Restarting phone- Force restarting ...

• Visitor
  • I am getting the message "An Error Occurred, Try Again" when trying to search. All other features seem to be working, as far as I can tell.   iPhone 6s iOS 9.31 Spotify 5.5.0   Tried ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

iOS app Menu location

On my iPhone, the menu is at the side, and to open it you have to slide your finger. But I see my friend has the menu with all its parts on the bottom of the screen, and that makes it accessible from anywhere, easier to use and simpler. We both have ...

• On my iPhone, the menu is at the side, and to open it you have to slide your finger. But I see my friend has the menu with all its parts on the bottom of the screen, and that makes it accessible from...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Menu iOS iPhone app
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! iOS beta available?

Is there anyway I can get into the iOS testflight beta for Spotify, if there is one that is. Thanks,Josh

• Casual Listener
  • Is there anyway I can get into the iOS testflight beta for Spotify, if there is one that is.    Thanks, Josh
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Whenever I'm online, songs say they've downloaded but I can't listen to them offline?

I have intalled spotify (premium) onto my new Iphone 5s after switching from a Samsung phone and re downloaded all of my songs which play fine until I go offline where it says 'All songs you save on Spotify will appear here.' I have tried un installi...

• Visitor
  • I have intalled spotify (premium) onto my new Iphone 5s after switching from a Samsung phone and re downloaded all of my songs which play fine until I go offline where it says 'All songs you save on ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

how can i get the 60 day trial?

so here is the thing i want to get premium but a friend told me that i should get it now because i can get a 60 day trial, so i get to the app on my Iphone 5 and o go to Settings>Account>Get Premium but it does not say that ill get the 60 day trial. ...

• Casual Listener
  • so here is the thing i want to get premium but a friend told me that i should get it now because i can get a 60 day trial, so i get to the app on my Iphone 5 and o go to Settings>Account>Get Pr...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

My followers are always blocked to 0 (zero)

Hi,i have a Premium Account connected with my Facebook account too. On my iMac and my iPhone 6s too, the count of my follower is always blocked to 0 (zero). My Friends follow me, but nothing changes.There is a solution?

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, i have a Premium Account connected with my Facebook account too. On my iMac and my iPhone 6s too, the count of my follower is always blocked to 0 (zero). My Friends follow me, but nothing chan...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to sync Albums in Library

Hi there, I'm struggling to sync Ablums in my library. I save an album, then once I go to flick the 'available offline' switch, it switches but no tracks start to download? It lets me sync normal playlists but not albums specifically on their own? I ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there, I'm struggling to sync Ablums in my library. I save an album, then once I go to flick the 'available offline' switch, it switches but no tracks start to download?   It lets me sync n...
  • cjmonaghan
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

No 7 Day Trial

I've made a new account and logged onto it on the computer which is how my friend said she activated her 7 day free trial just last week. When I logged in all it told me was that I can get a 30 day free trial if I put in a credit card--and I don't wa...

• I've made a new account and logged onto it on the computer which is how my friend said she activated her 7 day free trial just last week. When I logged in all it told me was that I can get a 30 day f...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 day free trial
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

syncing playlists

Is it possible to sync a playlist from an iphone to my computer? I have both devices on the same wifi but Spotify desktop is not showing my phone. Thank you!

• Is it possible to sync a playlist from an iphone to my computer? I have both devices on the same wifi but Spotify desktop is not showing my phone. Thank you!  
  • Steph_B
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs Jumping Forwards

This morning I tried to play a saved playlist on my iPhone6 while running. Spotify is in Offline mode so no issue with data.It would play 2 seconds of a song then jump forward 15 seconds, play 2 seconds more and jump forward 15 etc.It's working fine ...

• This morning I tried to play a saved playlist on my iPhone6 while running. Spotify is in Offline mode so no issue with data. It would play 2 seconds of a song then jump forward 15 seconds, play 2 se...
  • Steph_B
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Playback problem
    Running
    Running with spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Issue syncing local files to iphone

Im having an issue syncing/ playing local files from my computer onto my iphone. I can download mixtapes onto itunes, and then add them into playlists on my computer(Mac). The playlist then syncs to my iphone, where the songs im having issues with sh...

• Casual Listener
  • Im having an issue syncing/ playing local files from my computer onto my iphone.  I can download mixtapes onto itunes, and then add them into playlists on my computer(Mac). The playlist then syn...
  • Steph_B
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Help! Lost playlists

All my playlists are lost from my iPad, but not from my iPhone. Why? Could the reason be that earlier my friend shared her internet from her phone to my iPad (she has a samsung)?

• All my playlists are lost from my iPad, but not from my iPhone. Why? Could the reason be that earlier my friend shared her internet from her phone to my iPad (she has a samsung)?
  • Happibuoy
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't Connect to PS4

Can someone please help me. I am having issues connecting to my Playstation 4 from my phone. My phone can connect to every other PS4 I have tried and every other phone can connect to my PS4. It is these 2 specific devices that will not work together....

• Can someone please help me. I am having issues connecting to my Playstation 4 from my phone. My phone can connect to every other PS4 I have tried and every other phone can connect to my PS4. It is th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Ipod storage vs Iphone storage issue

So I just bought an ipod 6th gen today (same 16gb as my iphone) but I noticed spotify the app and all of my offline data takes up alost double the storage as it does on my iphone (10.4gb on my ipod and 5.5gb on my iphone)... Can someone explain this?...

• So I just bought an ipod 6th gen today (same 16gb as my iphone) but I noticed spotify the app and all of my offline data takes up alost double the storage as it does on my iphone (10.4gb on my ipod a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify app has disappeared from my iPhone 4s and will not reinstall

I have Spotify premium. It works ok on my iPad, but The app has disappeared from my iPhone 4s, that it just upgraded to latest version. I try to reinstall from the cloud and app store, but the download stops after a second or so. What can I do?

• Casual Listener
  • I have Spotify premium. It works ok on my iPad, but The app has disappeared from my iPhone 4s, that it just upgraded to latest version. I try to reinstall from the cloud and app store, but the downlo...
  • bossryde
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists Will Not Play on iPod Touch

Just updated Spotify today to version 0.9.4.25 and as soon as I go to Playlists and click on them, after a few seconds it kills Spotify completely. I uninstalled/reinstalled and the problem persists. Please help

• Regular
  • Just updated Spotify today to version 0.9.4.25 and as soon as I go to Playlists and click on them, after a few seconds it kills Spotify completely.  I uninstalled/reinstalled and the problem per...
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes