Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Links don't automatically start playing the song/playlist anymore

Solved!

Spotify Links don't automatically start playing the song/playlist anymore

I've been using open.spotify links to open playlists and I was used to the app starting the playlist right away. It seems like an update has changed this. Is there still a way to make Spotify links that will make the music start immediately? I'm using iPhone/Macbook.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there!

Currently, only tracks have the ability to autoplay when the URL is opened in the app. This would occur only if nothing else is playing prior to opening the link though. In case something is already playing, the link would only display the track, so you'll have to manually hit play.

Hope this clears things up. Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there!

Currently, only tracks have the ability to autoplay when the URL is opened in the app. This would occur only if nothing else is playing prior to opening the link though. In case something is already playing, the link would only display the track, so you'll have to manually hit play.

Hope this clears things up. Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Nah, linked records start playing even if you listen to something at the moment. Annoying.

Please give us the user a toggle option in the settings to enable autoplay when we click on a link.

Suggested posts