Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Premium but not able to play music on Mobile (IOS)

Solved!

Spotify Premium but not able to play music on Mobile (IOS)

I've used a couponcode a few weeks ago to prolongue my spotify premium account, but I still can't use Spotify on my Iphone. Keep getting the message that I'm not Premium and should upgrade. 

Tried uninstalling, installing again a few times but no success. What to do??? Did I lost the time I had without Spotify Premium?

70 Replies

Did you ever figure out what to do? I just purchased Premium and am having the same issue on my iphone. It won't recognize that I've upgraded and cannot stream any music. 

hi, i have the same problem.. i tried everything i read here before. on, off, logout/in...de/install..would be great if there will be a solution..

With all the comments about this issue I am wondering if there is some big issue that needs to be addressed. I just started the free premium 30 day trial and my android will not see my upgraded status. A solution or comment regarding the nature of this issue for all of us that have this concern would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I subscribed to premium but my phone did not update. I simply turned my phone off and turned it back on, and my Spotify was updated to my premium subscription. Hope this helps.

I purchased the premium upgrade about two hours ago, and I cannot get the ap on my iPhone 4S to recognize my upgraded account. Help!

I have premium on my pod touch but have just bought a iPad and would like to access my premium account on that. I can,t remember my password for premium, ancannot figure a way to get premium! Any idea's?

@Greatnorthstrum wrote:

I have premium on my pod touch but have just bought a iPad and would like to access my premium account on that. I can,t remember my password for premium, ancannot figure a way to get premium! Any idea's?

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

You will need to recover your password to sign in on your new iPad, with the same details as your iPod touch.

If you have a Spotify account, you can reset your password from the reset page.

If you created your account using Facebook, then you need to recover your password on Facebook.com

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I had the same issue today with my android not seeing the premium, but was fine on the PC. Tried logging out and back in and still nothing. I went into the application and "force stopped". after that I opened it back up and now allowed me to play my playlists.

I am having the same problem.  I upgraded to premium yesterday, and my iphone will still not pick up that I have the subscription.  Please help!

Marked as solution

Go to settings > log out > then close the app, on the home screen close the program from the multitasking. go back into the app, sign in, then go to a playlist and play. At that point it should load correctly. (did this on my ipad after same problem and it fixed.)

I am very frustrated with Spotify.  I signed up for the free trial of Premium, got my email welcoming me.  But, when I try to stream or make a play list am told that is only for Premium customers.  

I see this on the message boards, but have not seen it address.  When I email Support they direct me to the message boards.  Get it togerther people.  

Hi lingenfelterj - This an older thread regarding an issue that has since been resolved. 

I can confirm that your upgrade has definitely gone through. Please try a quick clean reinstallation and log in with your Facebook details.

Edit: I've just moved your post to a more relevant thread. 

Hi thejake85 - I can confirm you're on Premium too. How's that working for you after trying the suggested troubleshooting?

I'm getting very close to canceling my premium since I can't even use the features I'm paying $10 a month for. I am having the exact same issue as Frederick is having. Very frustrating

I need help. I just got premuim but on my ipad it keep saying I dont have it and I cant play mu playlist. Please help me.

@Symone96 wrote:
I need help. I just got premuim but on my ipad it keep saying I dont have it and I cant play mu playlist. Please help me.

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Sometimes it can take a while for your subscription to appear on all devices. 

Try logging out, fully restarting your device and then logging in again.

Peter

Peter

I'm not sure if I have premium or unlimited but the only part that's working is radio and I can't figure out why

Hey! 🙂

You can view your subscription status from your online overview. 

If you are trying to use spotify on a mobile device such as a phone or tablet then you need a premium subscription.

Peter

Peter

Was this ever fixed for you? I just got the Premium upgrade as well and it's working on my laptop, but not on my iphone. I keep getting a message that I need to get premium, but I have premium. 😞

I am currently experiencing the same problem. I am certain that my account is premium, and I get prompted to upgrade my account regardless.

Suggested posts