Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Premium but not able to play music on Mobile (IOS)

Solved!

Spotify Premium but not able to play music on Mobile (IOS)

I've used a couponcode a few weeks ago to prolongue my spotify premium account, but I still can't use Spotify on my Iphone. Keep getting the message that I'm not Premium and should upgrade. 

Tried uninstalling, installing again a few times but no success. What to do??? Did I lost the time I had without Spotify Premium?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

As your account states, you are currently on Spotify Unlimited. In order to stream music on your iPhone, you'd need to have a Spotify Premium subscription.
Airhorn Enthusiast

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Go to settings > log out > then close the app, on the home screen close the program from the multitasking. go back into the app, sign in, then go to a playlist and play. At that point it should load correctly. (did this on my ipad after same problem and it fixed.)

View solution in original post

70 Replies

Hey Wackyna, welcome to the Community.

Looking at your account I can see that you redeemed two Premium gift cards before, and another one at the end of march for a month of Unlimited. Is this not correct?

As your account is now on Unlimited you won't be able to stream to a mobile device. You can upgrade at any time here

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Hi,

No, I've used one at the end of april and when I look in my account status I'm reading the following

Subscription status

You are registered for Spotify Unlimited until 2012-05-23. After this period your account will become a Spotify Free account unless you choose to renew your subscription.

I haven't been able to stream on my Iphone since I've redeemed the last time at the end of April?

Marked as solution

As your account states, you are currently on Spotify Unlimited. In order to stream music on your iPhone, you'd need to have a Spotify Premium subscription.
Airhorn Enthusiast

ow, mistaken ' unlimited' for 'premium'. Just upgraded to premium, thanks!

Iv got the same prob but iv got premium have the prob both on android and ios.

Sadly, my Premium is not working on my iPhone as well.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app with no avail.

Premium is working on the desktop, though.

Its just to bad that i only have mobile units.

We had some server issues around the time of your posts - but they should be all sorted now.

Are you still having problems with your subscriptions? Please do let us know.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

I am having the same issue.  I  signed up for Spotify Premium earlier today however whenever I try to stream from my phone it says I would have to upgade.  I clicked the option to upgrade -- just to see what it would say -- only for it to say I have an active premium subscription.  I'm at a loss 😞

I too am having a problem. I setup the account as directed but it says my login info is not right. I've changed my password twice. Not sure what else to do.

I also have premium but my mobile reports I need premium.

@Tallen0812 wrote:
I also have premium but my mobile reports I need premium.

This should now be fixed. Are you still having this issue?

Yes I am having that problem to on my mobile account.........I have playlists and I use it a lot because I am a musician at church and everything I need is on that play list. please tell me how to get this fixed because I need this asap

I am having the same issue on my Android device. I upgraded to premium from unlimited today using the free month trial and am unable do anything other than stream radio on my mobile device. My only use for premium is to play my playlists on my mobile otherwise I can just stick with Pandora for streaming radio. Is there something I can do to get the app to recognize that I have already upgraded to premium?

yea im having the same problem here, can u pls sort this out spotify as this is getting frustrated that the fact u take our money but cant supply a proper service!!!

I totally agree with all of that.....spotify is awesome and I love it.....but i feel that the "premium" customers should be compensated for this hassle

Hi... I am having the same problem. Premium service only works on desktop not iPhone or iPad. I have reinstalled ,lodged in/ out and Ijeep getting the upgrade message... Any help would be appreciated.  Service is not worth it if I can only use at the office 😞

Thanks in advance!

Hey guys 🙂 

I couldn't help but notice this post over on the Accounts section which details how another community member got their account to work on their iPhone. Might be worth a shot!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Sorry... Earlier post was not sent to you. I upgraded  to premium and it only works on my desktop. I can't access premium services on my iPhone or iPad. Please help...I have reinstalled and logged in/out on both devices and still get the error message. 

Thanks in advance! 

Suggested posts