Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Stopping In The Middle Of A Track

Spotify Stopping In The Middle Of A Track

Spotify Version - 6.8.0.3786

Device - Apple iPod Touch 6th Generation

After a while of playing through several songs, Spotify will just randomly stop in the middle of a track (all tracks are downloaded). The app itself is still responsive and doesn't crash, however the track will just stop playing and the progress bar will just freeze. The app definitely isn't going into pause mode when this happens, as the play symbol doesn't appear, and the pause symbol remains on screen the whole time. Sliding along the progress bar or skipping to the next track will get it working again. However, going back to that track and trying to get it to play from where it stopped doesn't work; it just stops. This fault is affecting several tracks in my library.

De-selecting the 'Download' option, then re-selecting it again seems to fix the problematic tracks. But the problem keeps happening on other tracks. 

I've re-started the app, I've re-started the device, I've deleted and re-installed the whole app; nothing has fixed the problem. Thinking the next step is a factory reset?

8 Replies

You can delete Spotify and Re-download Spotify,Also,You need to check your connection

Thanks, already tried that 😞

I am having the exact same problem!
Always the same songs. They're the ones it will "stop" on without the pause button changing and can only start playing again if I skip to the next song.

What device are you using? I seem to have fixed my issue by doing a factory reset.

I have the same problem. It helps to listen to an entire song while being online to avoid the problem, but (like the factory reset) that is an inconvenient fix.

My issue only started when I installed Sound Cloud and YouTube Red. I suspect that one of those Apps was causing issues with Spotify. Uninstalling them and doing a factory reset has fixed the problem for me.

The issue is not solved. It has returned even after doing a factory reset.

This is still happening for me too, with downloaded music. On my new Google phone too.

Is anyone else having this issue? I am very irritated Spotify.

I have been a Premium subscriber for years, I have had this app on many devices- IOS, MAC, Smart TV, Tablets, etc.

At first I thought maybe because my playlist is shared, it stops, but that doesn't make sense for downloaded songs does it?

Why is this issue recurring? Can you not hire at least some interns to fix this user interface issue?

I mean, there had been at least 5-6 updates with the same issue.

Try looking at a glitch in your run time code or something JFC. Or use basic math or something.

Suggested posts