Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Won’t Stop Playing

Spotify Won’t Stop Playing

Spotify has been playing on my iPhone all day and won’t stop. I have tried everything but it keeps playing. If I hit pause it stops for awhile then randomly starts playing again at any moment.

I turned off my phone and restarted. I disabled WiFi. I  turned off all the green switches in settings. I deleted playlists. It still keeps turning itself on.

This has never happened before. 

None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

4 Replies

Hi there @IppMilo,

Thank you for taking the time to post here in the Community. This seems odd so let's take a closer look into this together.

To start with, can you confirm that you followed the steps that are provided in this article? There's some more steps to help thoroughly uninstall the app from your device, so if you haven't, we'd highly suggest it since the steps will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Everyone has this problem. Spotify hijacks your phone! Wish I'd never gotten this app! What else is this app doing!? 

Hey there,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

You can find relevant troubleshooting steps on this page. Make sure to go through them, because your accounts may be compromised. If the issue still persists afterwards, let us know. 

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I just had the same issue on iPhone 12. Spotify started playing through Alexa without me touching phone. I stopped Alexa but then noticed it was still playing on phone even though I couldn’t hear it, Each time I hit pause it restarted a few seconds later. 
i updated phone and app but problem remained. I’ve now updated phone and deleted Spotify. Will not reinstall until I hear of fix. 
it’s especially annoying as the music is not anything I chose or related to my playlists. 

Suggested posts