Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify and GMC Terrain

Spotify and GMC Terrain

I've had an interesting development in my Spotify interaction. Prior to iOS 6, I could plug my iphone 4s into my 2013 GMC terrain via USB and control spotify through my vehicle controls. After updating however, I can only play songs when I search for them, not in a playlist, and I have no control via the video controls. 

I'm guessing that maybe iOS6 indexes audio files differently than 5 which is causing confusion in the interface. Is anyone else trying to do something similar? Obviously I can still run audio through an AUX cord, but it'd be nice to be able to use the features to their full ability.

4 Replies

I know this is an old post, but I recently purchased a 2013 GMC Terrain with the Intellilink radio, and I'm also having trouble playing Spotify.

I am unable for the stereo to lock on to Spotify via the USB cable, it continually tries to play local iTunes songs.

Is anyone able to get this to work?

bump!

I have the save problem - although sometimes it does decide to pick up the spotify "stream" via the USB cable.

I have a 2013 and have the same issue. It would be SOO nice to be able to control spotify as easily as the iTunes. Any one tried to talk to t he dealership about it?

Same issue here. I can play Spotify or itunes through bluetooth, but my usb won't do either. Actually the usb consistently locks up when indexing my itunes music, like clockwork, at the 15 second mark. Anyone have any suggestions? Is it software interference??? Dealership can't make it work either. HELP!

Suggested posts