Family Premium

Country

England

Device

iPhone 6

Operating System

Not sure - do still need to update

My Question or Issue

The spotify app does not have its normal logo on my homescreen, but it has a white background with grey lines on. When i click on the app it shows a black screen with a loading icon infront then it glitches and send sme back to my homescreen. I have tried uninstalling the app, and when i hold down on the app and click x it disappears as if it has been uninstalled. However, i go to the app store and instead of it saying "download" it says "open ". When i press open nothing happens. It then reappears on my home screen. I pay for premuim and i cannot even use it?! ( Also i have it logged in on my windows laptop and it still works as normal) please help!!

4 Replies

Hey there @lucycc

thanks for posting !

Can you please provide screenshots of the errors you're getting ?

Thanks 🙂

What spotify looks like on my home screenWhat spotify looks like on my home screen

Plain black screen (earlier mad a mistake - does not have a loading icon on) that appears when I click on Spotify, then takes me back to my home screen after showing me this black screen for less than a quarter secondPlain black screen (earlier mad a mistake - does not have a loading icon on) that appears when I click on Spotify, then takes me back to my home screen after showing me this black screen for less than a quarter secondWhen i uninstall Spotify and try to reinstall it, it shows up as if i already have it downloaded. Then a couple minutes ltaer it shows up on my home screen again.When i uninstall Spotify and try to reinstall it, it shows up as if i already have it downloaded. Then a couple minutes ltaer it shows up on my home screen again.

Did anything come from this? I am having the exact same issue.

Hey @AJ1052,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome. 

If the app is not loading up, we'd recommend performing a clean reinstall first. This is often an overlooked step, but it’s more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing trouble.

If the issue persists, would you mind including the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far in your next response? 

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts