Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Superuser Contribution Podcasts on iPad app

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPad Pro, 12.5 inchesOperating SystemiOS My Question or IssueI enjoy listening to podcasts in the mornings and when I open my iPad app, I see the blue dot next to the show title, indicating a new episode. However when I nav...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device iPad Pro, 12.5 inches Operating System iOS  My Question or Issue I enjoy listening to podcasts in the mornings and when I open my iPad app, I see the blu...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Podcasts
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Some links/buttons are unresponsive while AirPods are connected

PlanPremiumDeviceiPhone SE 2020Operating SystemiOS 14 My Question or Issue When I click certain links and buttons in the Spotify app, nothing happens.These links/buttons include: Remove download (both the text link and the icon), Change Image (to set...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Device iPhone SE 2020 Operating System iOS 14   My Question or Issue   When I click certain links and buttons in the Spotify app, nothing happens. These links/buttons...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • AirPods
    broken
    bug
    change image
    iOS
    pin playlist
    remove download
    unresponsive
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Changing Volume of Spotify playing on iPad from my iPhone

Does Spotify plan to add the ability to control Volume from a different Device connected on the same network? For instance I often use my iPad to play music via my Bluetooth Speakers. I'm able to log into this same Spotify Account from my iPhone and ...

• Visitor
  • Does Spotify plan to add the ability to control Volume from a different Device connected on the same network?     For instance I often use my iPad to play music via my Bluetooth Spea...
  • MateusM
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [iOS] randomly exits out of app and music stops

I have an iPhone 8 Plus and use the free version of Spotify. When I close the app and listen to music after a few songs the app constantly closes, and the music turns off and the song restarts. This happens all the time and is really inconvenient.

• Visitor
  • I have an iPhone 8 Plus and use the free version of Spotify. When I close the app and listen to music after a few songs the app constantly closes, and the music turns off and the song restarts. This ...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Remove songs once added to your artist’s library

Hi. How can we remove songs that once we added to an artist’s library and we don’t want them there anymore? I used to add the entire albums of some artists by the time they were launched just to listen offline and then select the songs I woul leave i...

• Visitor
  • Hi.   How can we remove songs that once we added to an artist’s library and we don’t want them there anymore?   I used to add the entire albums of some artists by the time they were lau...
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloading single tracks on premium - no way; podcasts, playlists, radios - with no problem

Well, im on 3-month free trial, im using iPhone with latest iOS, have only 3 devices connected (out of 5 possible). Have some music already downloaded from my PC (but its well below 3000 tracks, 780 tops)When i open the menu for single track I want t...

• Well, im on 3-month free trial, im using iPhone with latest iOS, have only 3 devices connected (out of 5 possible). Have some music already downloaded from my PC (but its well below 3000 tracks, 780 ...
  • MateusM
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Song won’t play after 10 second mark or not at all

I have an iPhone X that is up to date with the latest software, I have Spotify premium and the app version I have is 8.6.48.1180My issue is every song I play stops playing at the 9, 10, 11 second mark and then no other songs play at all. I have check...

• Casual Listener
  • I have an iPhone X that is up to date with the latest software, I have Spotify premium and the app version I have is 8.6.48.1180 My issue is every song I play stops playing at the 9, 10, 11 s...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Track Thirteen Grayed Out

Hey folks, a really bizarre problem to report. I have found that any album or playlist with exactly thirteen tracks will have the thirteenth track grayed out on MacOS but not Windows. For example, if I look at Joseph Spence - Encore on the Spotify ap...

• Music Fan
  • Hey folks, a really bizarre problem to report.  I have found that any album or playlist with exactly thirteen tracks will have the thirteenth track grayed out on MacOS but not Windows. For examp...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Connect stuck on connecting

PlanPremiumCountryAU/US (US account living in AU)DeviceApple Watch I was able to download songs to my Apple Watch with my phone next to me and through wifi. I connected a bluetooth speaker to my Apple Watch. I was able to play the dowloaded songs on ...

• Plan Premium Country AU/US (US account living in AU) Device Apple Watch   I was able to download songs to my Apple Watch with my phone next to me and through wifi. I connected a bluetooth...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Караоке в Spotify

Hello Spotify developers! When there will be a karaoke mode, how in Apple Music?The karaoke not only allows to repeat favourite songs, and also to learn the correct pronunciation of a foreign language.

• Casual Listener
  • Hello Spotify developers!   When there will be a karaoke mode, how in Apple Music? The karaoke not only allows to repeat favourite songs, and also to learn the correct pronunciation of a fore...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Cannot access all playlists when streaming from Apple Watch with cellular

PlanPremiumCountryDenmarkDeviceApple Watch Series 6 with cellularOperating System(watchOS 7.6) My Question or IssueWhen I go out for a run without my phone and listen to music via Spotify on my Apple Watch (which has a cellular connection), I can onl...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Denmark Device Apple Watch Series 6 with cellular Operating System (watchOS 7.6)   My Question or Issue When I go out for a run without my phone and listen to musi...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Thoughts on Three Dots Button

Today it's a trend to put all functions under three dots button (…), but this also means there should be easy access for it. On contrary, Spotify puts it on the top of the screen. Nowadays devices have screens near 6 inches or even larger. With these...

• Roadie
  • Today it's a trend to put all functions under three dots button (…), but this also means there should be easy access for it. On contrary, Spotify puts it on the top of the screen. Nowadays devices ha...
  • Onewave
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Music Randomly Stopping on Google Home (Casting from iOS)

PlanPremium CountryUnited States Device(iPhone 12 Pro) Operating System(iOS 14.6) My Question or IssueOver the last few weeks, I have been experiencing a severe upswing in issues with my Google Home devices randomly pausing/stopping playback. This ha...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium   Country United States   Device (iPhone 12 Pro)   Operating System (iOS 14.6)   My Question or Issue Over the last few weeks, I have been experiencing a...
  • Eni
  • 11 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Google Home
  • 11 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution [Mobile] my songs won’t play all the way through without kicking me out

i’ve logged out of everything and re joined but every time i try to listen to a song half way through the song my account glitches and kicks me out of my spotify app

• Visitor
  • i’ve logged out of everything and re joined but every time i try to listen to a song half way through the song my account glitches and kicks me out of my spotify app
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mobile
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Not Casting to other devices & Apple TV not working

Premium, USA, iPhone 12 Pro, Macbook Pro 2017, iPad Air 3rd Gen, Apple TV (all not working properly)Operating SystemiOS 14.7.1, Mac OS Big SurSpotify will not cast to other devices. It will play locally on my iPhone and iPad, but will not cast to my ...

• Premium, USA, iPhone 12 Pro, Macbook Pro 2017, iPad Air 3rd Gen, Apple TV (all not working properly) Operating System iOS 14.7.1, Mac OS Big Sur Spotify will not cast to other devices. I...
  • MateusM
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Artwork display when I share playlist as an Instagram story

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueThis has been an issue I've had for a very long time. I create many playlists that I then sha...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue This ha...
  • kdinos
  • Music Fan
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists in iOS - Custom Order

Plan PremiumFree/PremiumCountry USA Device iPhone Xr(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System iOS 14.7(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue To set a custom order of Playlists the Desktop App is needed,...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Free/Premium Country USA   Device iPhone Xr (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System iOS 14.7 (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)  ...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Apple Watch and iPhone Bugs

Hi Community and Hi Spotify Team,I have one or two issues with the Apple Watch implemantation. First One:When my iPhone is close by and online, I can not toggle the watch to play through the watch and headphones connected to them. The watch symbol bl...

•   Hi Community and Hi Spotify Team, I have one or two issues with the Apple Watch implemantation.   First One: When my iPhone is close by and online, I can not toggle the watch to play...
  • CarlosE
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [iOS][Search] Add to queue covered by keyboard

For some terrible UX reason, on iOS the "Added to queue!" notification is obfuscated by the keyboard. So I have no idea if I successfully added a song to my queue or not until I navigate away from the page/filter/search. This is terrible design!

• Gig Goer
  • For some terrible UX reason, on iOS the "Added to queue!" notification is obfuscated by the keyboard. So I have no idea if I successfully added a song to my queue or not until I navigate away from th...
  • CarlosE
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    Search
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won’t play when offline

PlanPremium CountryNetherlandDeviceiPhone 11Operating SystemiOS 14.6My Question or IssueI can’t play any songs when I’m offline my Spotify keeps saying ur offline and can’t play any songs I tried re installing and it worked for a few week and then th...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium  Country Netherland Device iPhone 11 Operating System iOS 14.6 My Question or Issue I can’t play any songs when I’m offline my Spotify keeps saying ur offline and can’t pla...
  • MateusM
  • Spotify Star
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes