Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify automatically plays a song forward, stops the song or plays the next song on iphone

Spotify automatically plays a song forward, stops the song or plays the next song on iphone

Plan

Premium

Country

Turkey 

Device

iPhone 8

Operating System

iOS 12

My Question or Issue

Hi,

I need some help about an issue.

For about two or three weeks i have a frustrating problem. I start to play a song but the song stops then starts to play again and stops again or plays forward,  or it goes to the next song and the whole thing starts again.

I've unistalled the application and reinstalled it but nothing has changed.

I've tried with different heaphones but again nothing has changed.

I was having the same problem before IOS 12 and the problem continues after i started to use IOS 12. But the problem started with the previous IOS. Before that i've never had a problem like this.

Did you experience a problem like this and is there a solution that you know?

Regards,

Serdar.

4 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? Sorry if this may sound a bit repetitive but if that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app by following these steps.

I'd also recommend using the Sign Out Everywhere and Remove Offline devices options from your Spotify account page as well as performing a password reset 🙂

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

SignOut_Everywhere_twitter.png

Hi,

I followed every step that you suggested but sadly the problem still continues.

I don't know if they may be relevant or not but there are two other details that i want to mention.

First detail is that the problem occurs when i walk with my phone in my jean's pocket.:) I mean, if i put my phone on my table and listen to music then there is no problem. But when i put it in my pocket and start to walk then the problem starts again. The problem stops after a while i use spotify but sometimes it starts again. Or, for example today in the gym while i was walking around between the sets my phone was in my pocket and i had the problem again.

Second detail is before this problem started there was another issue. If i never used spotify on my phone like for a couple of hours, then when i wanted to use it spotify was not responding. But when i disconnect my headphone and reconnect it again it was starting to respond.

I know it's been a long paragraph but i just wanted to give detailed information.

My spotify version is 8.4.71.578

My IOS version is 12.0

Thank you for your interest.

Serdar.

Hey, i have the same prolem. And i solved it. 

That is my way. 

First, setting "do not disturb while driving" to manually and backup setting. after reset all your iphone and restore setting. Install spotify and enjoy it. 

Hi Hungvo,

Thank you for your answer.

After trying different solutions i think i've found the problem.

It is the lightning to headphone jack. I've tried two different of these at work and spotify worked just fine so i've bought a new one and since then i am not having any problems.

Thanks for the support though.

Cheers.

Suggested posts