Country

Pakistan

Device

iPhone 6s plus

Operating System

iOS 14.4

Spotify version

My Question or Issue

Hi, Spotify just recently launched in Pakistan, I can listen to the music but when I try to open JRE(Joe Rogan Experience) podcast episodes I just keep getting the error “spotify can't open this type of link on this device”. I tried all below but none of them worked for me

1- Restarting my iPhone

2- Delete and reinstalled Spotify app

3- Changed between Wifi and mobile network

Please help!

5C1A1BE3-A736-4099-9344-55B91C482C28.png
2E61A112-8A28-4190-8FD9-78BAD69AC454.png
09C67AA8-6AEA-4109-B491-7F6292041518.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @MoosaKhanSwati,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

We're afraid that podcasts, including the JRE, aren't available in Pakistan. We want all the world’s music and podcasts on Spotify, but availability can vary over time and between countries, depending on the permissions from rights holders.

We can't make any promises, but hopefully podcasts become available in your market soon.

If you have any questions or need anything else, give us a shout.

Cheers 🙂

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hi there!

Does your issue occur on other devices as well? 

Also, have you tried using the Web Player instead of the App?

There are posts in the Community that could be relevant, so I will link them here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/spotify-can-t-open-this-type-of-link-on-this-device... (Scroll down a bit,and you'll see a post marked Solution, I recommend you try it out)

https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/Spotify-can-t-open-this-type-of-link-on-this-device... 

Hope this helps! 

@AyuTheHuman

Hi,

Thanks for your response. I tried the Spotify Webplayer and it doesn't even show the Genre for JRE podcasts? I searched podcast, JRE, Joe Rogan , Genre etc. but couldn't find the podcast episodes.

I didn't tried it yet on any other device I will check if it works on my laptop or backup cell phone but it should be fixed on my this iPhone 6s plus.

The links/threads you shared did not have any solution to the issue, just people complaining and then saying it got fixed by it self etc. I searched for a whole day before starting this topic here. 

Thanks for your help though. 

Marked as solution

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

We're afraid that podcasts, including the JRE, aren't available in Pakistan. We want all the world’s music and podcasts on Spotify, but availability can vary over time and between countries, depending on the permissions from rights holders.

We can't make any promises, but hopefully podcasts become available in your market soon.

If you have any questions or need anything else, give us a shout.

Cheers 🙂

CarlosEModerator

Hi Carlos
Thanks for getting back. It’s so disappointing that the podcasts aren’t available in Pakistan since JRE moved from YouTube and is now only available on Spotify. Apart from listening to high quality music my main reason to join the spotify was because of JRE. Hopefully this becomes available soon. Thanks anyway for your help! Cheers

Thank you for your reply.

We add new content to Spotify every day, so if you can’t find something you’re looking for right now, it may appear soon.

In the meantime we suggest that you always keep your app up to date for any updates and have a look from time to time in our newsroom.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts