Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 6S Plus

Operating System

iOS 11 and iOS 12 (beta)

My Question or Issue

Spotify freezes up at random intervals throughout the day and crashes my iPhone causing it to reboot. I’ve tried a factory reset on my phone, updating my iOS, restarting the app, restarting my phone, clearing my cache/downloads, all of it! Nothing seems to work. At one point I thought it may be related to my phone overheating while mounted to the dash in my car, but it also happens while sitting on my desk at work, in my pocket, while walking, etc. Where can I find my device crash logs to send to Spotify to get this sorted out?

7 Replies

Hey @NickKeller56, welcome to the Community.

Hope you are doing great!

Which version of Spotify are you running exactly?

Don't worry, Spotify collects the necessary data. It should be fixed soon as many users are having this heat issue. I am running iOS 12 in my 5s but luckily I don't experience it often. Try to use Wifi over Mobile Data and limit Background App Refresh, even turn if off for Spotify as it doesn't need to be updated constantly when it is closed.

Hope I was able to help 🙂

Im glad to know this isn’t a problem with just my device, at least!

Hey,

Please tell me the version of the OS your are running as well.

Thank you!

At the moment, iOS 12.0 Beta 2. Previously I was on iOS 11.3-11.4 and having the same issues.

Awesome!

I am on Dev Beta 2 as well. Have had some issues but not that severe. Expectable from a Beta anyway.

I would recommend doing a clean install of iOS from iTunes from time to time. It really helps your device.

Spotify should be on the works fixing this issue for everyone as it has a month since the app was updated.

If you wish to try it before anyone else I can suggest you to join the Spotify Beta program for iOS.

Wish you have a great day!

How do I join the Spotify Beta Program? I'm sure a simple google search would turn that up, but maybe someone will find this thread in the future. 🙂

EDIT: Found it. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdTIi79SK6m2Nomdm_zYQGDEaqaQJQ-4tTkka2FYlJNpSKV2Q/viewform

Hey @NickKeller56,

Not a problem at all!

It is my pleasure to help you!

Just click this link to sign up for our iOS Beta. 

If you need any help, just ping me 🙂

Thanks!

Suggested posts