Announcements

Spotify changing songs by itself

Re: Spotify changing songs by itself

Community Legend

Hey there @hattoka,

Thanks for sharing what happened in your situation! 

It's good that you removed the access of third-party apps to Spotify as well.

You can check these tips for more info on how to make sure you've taken all the measures from your side so that the account is secure again. The password of the email that's connected to the Spotify account can also be changed for extra security. 

Here's also an article of how to keep your account safe to prevent this happening.

We hope you find this useful. We're here for you if you have anything to share or additional questions 🙂 

Have a good day!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

there is no solution just cancel your premium and use something else other people are logged into your account and using premium off you. spotify is already aware of this but won't do anything about it. 

Community Legend

Hey @1nzo6rkycmtehi7,

Thanks for posting here!

We can confirm that our platform and user records are without doubt secure. When an unknown person gains access to a user's account, it usually happens because of a breach on another service. If you use the same password for several services, they all have the potential to be compromised if one has a security breach.

We hope this sheds light on the subject. 

PetyaModerator

Visitor

I had the same issue, with songs randomly changing and not pausing.

I resolved it (at least for now) by logging in online into my Spotify acct, and on Account Overview page scroll down and click on 'Sign Out Everywhere'.  When I  signed back in on my Spotify apps, the issue was gone.

Visitor

Anyone figure out the solution? For some reason it’s only happening when I use Bluetooth in my car, but hasn’t happened when I use it like at the gym. It’s so annoying! And I’m tempted to cancel my premium because of it.

I tried signing off all devices and canceling any third party sites that have access to my Spotify. 

I have started having the same problem here.

My songs stop and others songs that I never listen start playing.

I tried to:

log out everywhere

play from a different device and different network

disconnect all third party apps 

Change pass

No solution for the moment 

Visitor
mine has said the same thing “chrome web player” which makes no sense

Casual Listener

I have the same issue, logged out everywhere, reloaded app all the things.

Seems to have started after the last update

I have noticed that the songs that it skips to are ones in the recommended section under the good morning/afternoon welcome.

Extremely frustrating and has made spotify unusable for me

I KNOW RIGHT!

Casual Listener

it's going heywire for me i started with just a simple glitch? then progressively got worse, there were different songs i had never seen or herd of before and then it started giving me emails and sh!@, i was so freaked out i didn't know what to do so i deleted the app!

i was told by a really smart tech savvy guy at best buy, that i got hacked but there were no traces of how or were the hacker got my information!

Re: I KNOW RIGHT!

Hey everyone,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

If you've already tried these steps, but still experience this issue, we'd suggest you check this article. There are also steps on how to remove access to third-party apps. 

If the issue still persists, we'd suggest you head here and contact our support team. The folks there can investigate this further.

Hope this helps. If you have questions, we are here for you.

VerModerator
"Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations." ―Zig Ziglar
SUGGESTED POSTS