Spotify connect not working Samsung wam750 not working

Plan

Premium

Country

Sweden

Device

iPhone 8 and iPhone SE

My Question or Issue

we cant connect to our speakers anymore through spotify connect. De devices shows up but after they are selected nothing happens and then the dice gets greyed out and I can’t select it any more 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Works after I rebooted my Wifi devices and added restarted speakers.  Choose forget speaker in Spotify and restarted app. Then they started working again!

View solution in original post

20 Replies

Hey @hulabandula.

Just to confirm, is your WAM750 firmware up to date? If not, make sure you install the latest update.

In case it's already up to date, try logging out of Spotify, restarting your phone, and logging back in to see if it behaves the same.

Let us know how it goes.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Hi yes they have the latest version and I have restarted Spotify and phone. Still the same problem 😞

Marked as solution

Works after I rebooted my Wifi devices and added restarted speakers.  Choose forget speaker in Spotify and restarted app. Then they started working again!

Awesome!

I'm glad to hear everything is up and running again.

Feel free to open a new thread if anything else comes up.

Cheers.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

I have the exact same issue suddenly. It has worked for years and now it won’t play. I have tried everything I can come up with, reset all speaks, reconnected, restarted Wi-Fi, deleted Spotify app and Samsung MultiRoom app…started over but still won’t work. 

any idea what to do?

/Allan

Hey @Allan_AA,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

We appreciate the troubleshooting you've done so far, but to be sure that we're on the same page - did you use these steps for a clean reinstall? They are more thorough than a regular one. That way you can make sure the cache is not causing this issue.

If the issue persists, try to search for the speaker using connect, but from a different device to see if it makes any difference.

Lastly, let us know if the model of your speaker is the same one previously mentioned in the original post. 

Hope this helps. We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello Oscar 

thank you for your reply 🙂

Yes it’s the same guide I’ve used for clean reinstall. Found it in an old post.

I have several Samsung speakers and non can play from Spotify now. Not from another device either. One of the speakers is a WAM751, but as mentioned the 351 and 550 can’t play either.

kindest, 

Allan

Hi there @Allan_AA,

Thank you for keeping us updated.

As the issue is happening in multiple Samsung devices, it's possible that you need to relink your accounts to refresh the communication between the speakers and the Spotify account. We'd recommend disconnecting your Samsung account and linking it again using the steps mentioned in this article.

After relinking your accounts, the app should be able to play normally on your speakers.

Hope this helps, let us know how it goes. 

OscarDCModerator

Hello Oscar

That solution sounds plausible but…

It makes very little sense to me. I don’t have Samsung in that list and I don’t think it ever was. If I login to my Samsung account it’s an account for only purchasing new devices and nothing about linking anything. I might be wrong of course but I simply can’t find it. 
I’ve tried looking through the manual for the speakers and a looking for a login but no where is it mentioned to login. I just tested Apple Music too, that also works on the speakers but still not Spotify 😕

kindest 

Allan

Hey there @Allan_AA,

Thanks for letting us know.

Could you let us know if the issue persists using a different internet connection?

Additionally, we'd like to know if this started happening after a specific event such as an update.

Keep us posted.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi again - and thanks for sticking with it here 🙂

how do I test it on a different connection? I only have one connection to the house? 

I already tried another router without luck btw. 

im not sure but since it has worked for years I was wondering too if an update of some kind. I don’t think it has worked all off march but since I don’t use the speakers every day, it can have been longer time. 

kindest, 

Allan

Hey @Allan_AA,

Thanks for the reply.

You can create a mobile Hotspot WiFi network from you phone and then connect the speaker and your phone to it. If you're not certain how to do this, you can search your phone model online and how to create a mobile Hotspot.

Let us know if that makes a difference.

AlexModerator

I've got the same problem. Suddenly occured on all Android devices in the house, which is quite a few. Tried all of the above mentioned solutions - nothing worked 😞
I can connect to my WAM150, I can hear radio through the Multiroom app - everything but Spotify works.

Hey there @bendejo_dk,

Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

Would you mind checking if the firmware of your speakers has any pending updates?

Also, we'd like to know if this started happening after a specific event such as an update.

Keep us posted.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hiya. I have a set of WAM550 and 350 as well, and it suddenly stopped working altogether in the end of april. I can connect to the speaker via spotify connect, but whenever i hit play, it just skips the songs and doesn't actually play anything. 

Very annoying

It's very strange - and even more strange that so many people have the same problem, but Spotify doesn't seem to care. I have a Samsung M7, hasn't been working for half a year. I've tried everything Spotify has adviced, so don't get your hopes too high.

- Moved his to a more recent thread. Sorry.

Hi there,

We also have the same problem. We have tried everything. It is the connection between Samsung and Spotify because I have a Sonos-speaker and it works well.

Have you tried the solutions from this thread

-> Blocking access from your network to apresolve.spotify.com - either on a per speaker rule basis or as a general rule (e.g. via parental control function of the router). 

Suggested posts