Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify crashes on 3GS

Solved!

Spotify crashes on 3GS

This is a joke. Your app constantly crashes on my iPhone 3GS. I can play 1 or 2 tracks, and then the screen goes black for a second and the app crashes. Nevermind the poor usability and the gaps in the stream - it's the crashing that gets on my nerves.

You KNOW this is an issue for a lot of users, and you haven't issued an update for ages. As I sbscribed to Premium especially to use Spotify on the go, I'm seriously considering ending my subscription.

I love Spotify, but whoever codes the POS you call an iPhone app should get the boot. It's embarrasing. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello.

Naturally the first suggestion I would recommend here would be a clean reinstallation of the Spotify application on your device, as none of you have mentioned if you have tried this or not. This might clear things up a bit and get it working again.

You can find instructions on how to do this here.

Other things you might want to try on a 3Gs

* Updating to iOS 5.1

* Closing down other running apps when using Spotify.

Airhorn Enthusiast

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

The only fix I found to this problem is to make your playlist available in offline mode and activate the offline mode in the settings. I gess the crash issue is caused by the lost of the 3g conecction

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Same here I can listen to 2-3 songs then back to Iphone menu. How frustrating . Please do something or I will end my suscription too.

Dear spotify people, 

i have mostly the same issue with the spotify app on an iphone 3gs.

It plays mostly even not one song to the end and crashes - in every mode, downloaded songs, streaming, wifi or 3g (germany).

My IOS Version is 4.2.1 (8C148)

Spotify Version is: 0.4.23.11.g86a7d473 (0.6.4.60.ge908bde4)

I am a premium member too. I really would like to use this service on my iphone.This behaviour is not acceptable.

We really like you to handle this issue.

Kind regards

sven

Marked as solution

Hello.

Naturally the first suggestion I would recommend here would be a clean reinstallation of the Spotify application on your device, as none of you have mentioned if you have tried this or not. This might clear things up a bit and get it working again.

You can find instructions on how to do this here.

Other things you might want to try on a 3Gs

* Updating to iOS 5.1

* Closing down other running apps when using Spotify.

Airhorn Enthusiast

I did everything you said a long time ago. My IOS is 5.1 and I still have the same problems.

I have a 2nd gen ipod Touch running 4.2.1 and I have the same problem in that it crashes every time I play a couple songs. It has been happening for at least the past month. I have reinstalled multiple times using your suggested method and still have the same problem.

Been there, done that. Clean install, rebooting iphone and running Spotify as the only app. Upgraded to 5.1 as soon as it came out. Nomdice. The app is jsut deeply unstable.
Marked as solution

The only fix I found to this problem is to make your playlist available in offline mode and activate the offline mode in the settings. I gess the crash issue is caused by the lost of the 3g conecction

Hi,

I have the same issuse on iPhone 3S. On Windows Phone 7 it works like charm and the user experince is much better. Thank you, Spotify!

Suggested posts