Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify does not allow me make playlists in offline mode on iPhone 4s

Spotify does not allow me make playlists in offline mode on iPhone 4s

I am a premium member. Until 2 weeks ago I was always able to add a list on my phone then while in wifi turn the offline mode switch snd tracks would become available offline. Now when I hit the switch nothing happens. Tracks remain gray. I have deleted and reinstalled the app twice and gotten all previous tracks offline but issue persists with new tracks. This is a major glitch. If no fix then there is no point to pay for premium. Please hdlp
11 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

I don't have any iOS devices so I can't give you specific information about this, but I have found that on my BlackBerry the offline sync sometimes takes a while to start and is extremely slow to sync content to offline. Have you tried leaving it for a while?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Yea leaving it for hours does absolutely nothing. It's a glitch of some sort. Does anyone else experience this problem?

@Srurak wrote:
I am a premium member. Until 2 weeks ago I was always able to add a list on my phone then while in wifi turn the offline mode switch snd tracks would become available offline. Now when I hit the switch nothing happens. Tracks remain gray. I have deleted and reinstalled the app twice and gotten all previous tracks offline but issue persists with new tracks. This is a major glitch. If no fix then there is no point to pay for premium. Please hdlp

Have you been marking playlists for offline mode?

Also, your title seems to be quite misleading...

I mark the switch and nothing happens

@Srurak wrote:
I mark the switch and nothing happens

Is this the 'Offline Mode' switch or the 'Availble Offline' or 'Download' switch?

You have to download playlists to be able to listen to them offline.

It is the "available offline" switch. This is what I have been using successfully to this point. Is there some other way?

@Srurak wrote:
It is the "available offline" switch. This is what I have been using successfully to this point. Is there some other way?

No, that is correct.

So - you select this switch, and the tracks do not download? Or do you select this switch and then immeidately select the Offline Mode option?

If you have been doing it correctly, then please could you make sure no Spotify files remain. It could also be a bug - I shall ask some more people 🙂

I just select the switch. What is offline mode For the iPhone? Also what do u mean by no spotify files remain?

I am having the exact same problem. I will switch the green trigger to "Available Offline" mode and nothing ever happened. The only time the grey DL button would switch to green is when i would actually play the entire song. Now i am still trying to download more songs by switching the greent trigger to "Available Offline" as i have always done and playing the songs to DL but now it is no longer downloading. Why am i paying for this if it will not work?! my friend has a samsung note and there is a huge button on the screen that says DOWNLOAD PLAYLIST, why can't it be that simple on the iphone?!?! SMH TERRIBLE!

btw i have an iphone 4...

Definitely dude. It's messed up. It is a major glitch and I am deinstalled reinstalled and all that but nothing works. I was getting alot of help from the spotify team but nothing they suggested worked. At this point I am still paying premium so that I retain the already downloaded playlists, its crazy, they should really address this major issue as it happens to plenty of us. try writing them and see if they suggest anything different I would be interested.

Suggested posts