Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify doesn't start on iPhone 4

Solved!

Spotify doesn't start on iPhone 4

Ever since a recent update (don't know exactly when, since I mostly use Spotify on iPad), I can't run Spotify on my iPhone 4 anymore. Whenever I start the app, it immediately exits again. I'm running iOS 7.1.2. Please help!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

The contact form (I said it's incredibly difficult to find!) is at www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/?contact

If that link doesn't work, look under the "Info" tab on the main spotify page.

Support got back to me today, asking to power down the iPhone and restart it (that didn't work), and if that didn't work, to remove the Spotify app and reinstall it. That last option seems to have done the trick, it's working again now.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Same here. iPhone4. iOS 7.1.2

I've contacted customer support (through an incredibly difficult to find contact form!!) but haven't heard back yet. Have you?

No. Didn´t even find the form. Can you post a link?
Marked as solution

The contact form (I said it's incredibly difficult to find!) is at www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/?contact

If that link doesn't work, look under the "Info" tab on the main spotify page.

Support got back to me today, asking to power down the iPhone and restart it (that didn't work), and if that didn't work, to remove the Spotify app and reinstall it. That last option seems to have done the trick, it's working again now.

Thanks a a lot. Works for me too 🙂

Same problem here. Seems to be a problem related to Bluetooth. If I switch the Bluetooth off it starts normally. After Spotify starts I switch it back on and everything works normally.

Hi @labmorales!

Thanks for the report, that definitely sounds a bit strange.

Can you try reinstalling the app following these steps?

If that doesn't work, can you let us know a few details?

We'll just need:

• The version of iOS you're running.
  • Whether this is over WiFi or 3G/4G.
  • If your iPhone's jailbroken. 
  • If you're running any cache-clearing apps.

Let us know how you get on.

Did not work. iOS 7.1.2, 3G and wifi on, not jailbroken and I did do not use any cache clearing apps.

I see that Spotify has a new version available for download, v. 3.8.0 (Aug 31 2015). Before updating to this version I'd like to know if the problem of crashing for iPhone 4S (mine is iOS 7.1.2) users has now been fixed? Please can somebody attest to this?

@user-removed wrote:

Ever since a recent update (don't know exactly when, since I mostly use Spotify on iPad), I can't run Spotify on my iPhone 4 anymore. Whenever I start the app, it immediately exits again. I'm running iOS 7.1.2. Please help!

Suggested posts