Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify doesnt play next song in my search bar

Spotify doesnt play next song in my search bar

Hi! Whenever i search something in the search bar and play the song at the top of the list the rest of the song wont start and isnt in the queue. I have spotify premium in Sweden on an iphone 6s and my friend with iphone 8 has the same issue. We have tried all setting and the automatically play setting doesnt make a difference except that it starts ”radio based on” whatever track/band i originally played. I would like to keep listening to songs by lets say metallica when i search for metallica without having to choose just one album. I hope you fix this issue soon, Kond regards Isak Danielsson

D8B03842-0A0C-4E90-918B-CE7F2C5D09D2.png
AD1F94EE-2A76-486D-B9B2-7A2DC9F429C1.png
8 Replies

I am exoeriencing the same issues. It doesn’t play the next song under the “songs” section after searching an artist. Even if you hit the next button, it just stops playing the current song you’re on.

Have had this issue now going on a month and a half, have tried logging out. Clearing cache, restarting phone, uninstall with reinstall and nothing, it really is a dumb glitch and I hope they fix it. No point in having so many songs if you can't search a specific artist and have them play. 

Same issue. Sounds like it's either by design or it's a bug they need to fix. I hope it isn' intentional.

iPhone 6S+ with ios 10.3.3 here

Yeah it's very frustrating, you would think there would be a fix, odd not alot of people are reporting the issue or going through it either. 

I still have this issue on iPhone 11 and ios14

This used to work before, and then they removed it. Along with other crippled functionalities, this is being demanded by us paying customers for years! They are turning a blind eye to us, and making fun of us with their auto-replying chatbots. "Oh, a great idea, we are adding this to our new ideas list". "Your idea didn't receive enough likes, so we're throwing it to trash".

"It is supposed to be that way" - No it isn't! It is supposed to simply play through all my seach results.

Spotify, fix this! And the fade-in/fade-out play pause feature. And the earphone triple click for previous song feature. We are paying customers, and you can not mock us with moronic auto-reply comments from your **bleep** robot puppets.

Hey folks,

Thanks for posting and sharing your thoughts with the Community!

Currently the search results don't get added to the queue automatically, this has to be done by the users themselves. However we're always open to new suggestions on how to improve the app and your listening experience. 

We've passed your feedback on to the right team and would recommend you take a look in our Idea Exchange and see if someone has already submitted an idea for this feature to be added  and if not post your own.

Hope this helps.  Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This is not "an idea". This is a very natural way of operation that used to work before you robots crippled it.

"We've passed your feedback on to the right team and would recommend..." You can not recommend me anything. I recommend you to pass our feedback to the right team, and while you're at it, maybe go check on their room as they might have died years ago.

Suggested posts